Eggy smell to climate control

hillg81

Reaction score
Just started noticing yesterday that I have an Eggy smell coming from my climate control

Only lasts for 2mins when it's first used from cold though

Any ideas??

Do you use it often? The gas can become stagnant if not used for a while. A recharge of gas may be on order

No its not the gas, it is bacteria on the condenser.....you can try a disinfectant bomb at halfords about a tenner ....
common problem if you dont use it regulary

it can be both of the above mine was a dirty pollen filter.

Used every day guys!
What do you think?
It's due a service at audi soon do will get a new pollen fitted then

like i say, i changed my pollen filter and it went away so give it a try mate.

Didn't do it the morning strange......pollen filter going to be done on service end of this month

Anybody got a link to a pollen filter? Can it be easily changed?

how much are pollen filters mine is starting to smell aswell. i need to open it up anyway as i have loads of leaves behind there

I've got a sneaky idea that it's to do with my washer jets!
Ive not sprayed my washer jets when I got in the car today until tonight!
If I spray them as soon as the cars started and the climate control is blasting the windscreen the smell appears!
No washer jets but climate control and it's fine!

that would be really wierd cause they are not linked at all..i know you can smell the screen wash when you spray the window but you would need to be using some nasty stuff lol..

It's halfords best!!!!
I'm going to empty it today and refill and see what happens!

Could be manky washer water. One of our cars at work smelt real bad of farts when you cleaned the windscreen...the washer fluid had gone off!!. Give it a fill up with warm water with some detol in it or something and then spray it all through before refilling as normal.

My AC smelt by the way...new pollen filter cured it. Dead easy to fit and no need to remove wipers etc as there was a little flap on my scuttle that I could lift up to get to it etc.

Problem sorted!
Flushed out twice with fairy liquid and its fine now!
Might do again with something else soon that can remove the crap from inside as the fairy liquidf hasnt removed it all