boost pressure

8YA335TDI1STED

Reaction score
after a service my s3 has only one problem on the diagnostics= boost reads 990 mbr instead of an expected 950 mbr , what does this mean ??

secondly i fitted new stat n coolant cpl of wks ago all was fine untill i fitted the new plugs and gapped them to 7mm , ( old plugs were same brand gap was 9-10mm)

today i noticed the temp gauge climb too 100 deg where as before it only went too 95 deg before the fan cut in ..
advice greatly appreciated guys ???

Did you bleed the cooling system could be an air blockage. Not sure about the boost though.

after a service my s3 has only one problem on the diagnostics= boost reads 990 mbr instead of an expected 950 mbr , what does this mean ??

Any fault codes to do with over boost?

We're only talking .04 bar here, which is 0.5 psi. That's nothing to worry about.... Actuator may be a little slow to react, but if there is no fault codes, then meh.

Did you bleed the cooling system could be an air blockage. Not sure about the boost though.
yeah spent a bit of time doing it as well unscrewed the expantion tank n propped it up put heater on full blast and ran the engine to 2500 rpm for a gd 10 - 15 mins , where does the fan get its signal to come on ive heard there are a few temp sensors on the car but no idea where they are ?

Any fault codes to do with over boost?

We're only talking .04 bar here, which is 0.5 psi. That's nothing to worry about.... Actuator may be a little slow to react, but if there is no fault codes, then meh.
nah no fault code Welly , where is the actuator ? and what is the standard plug gap meant to be ?

.7mm gap is ok

the mb output is proportional to the weather... Its an absolute Pressure Sensor, and is reading atmospheric pressure as well as +ve pressure when under boost

different day, different weather, different pressure