What settings do you go for on your Concert HU?

Y83OLK

Hulk Smash!
Reaction score
Hi all.
Recently had a battery dilema. Lost what sound settings were on my H/U.
Now music seems really flat where before it was perfect.

Its currently bass -2, trebble +2.

Whats everyone elses settings?

Weird. I have the exact opposite. There's enough bass but I have to turn the treble down to stop it sounding overly piercing. Usually on Bass +3, Treble -2.

Treble 6+

Bass +2.

Sounds much clearer to my ears for some reason :) I like it

I have Bose too. Hmmm. Has anyone snipped the Bose EQ wire from the back of the HU? Thinking of doing it as I've heard it make s a big difference...

I have bose and I use + 1 or 2 bass and + 5 or 6 treble. More treble than bass sounds soo much better.

Exactly that. Yeah, Bose here. Its **** if im honest. Not loud enough before I starts distorting :(

personally I think Sooooooooooooooo nuch better than bmw business system except no buttons on the steering wheel im running +5 sub +2 treble and play between 4-6 rear fade ( at a normal level where u could have conversation with passengers i may add ), if i want it brighter i reduce rear fade and bring it front, all depends what u listen to and how u expect it too sound , I listen to a well tuned tri amped Cyrus system at home and tbh I think the bose sound in the s3 is almost as good as it could be for a bog standard out of the box kit .......

Last edited:
Bose system. Bass Max. Treble +1 and faded to rear a couple of clicks :rock:

Mine used to distort if you went too loud or too high on bass. One of the screws crack on the face of the sub which then rattles like no bodies business so I made a new face out of 1/4" mdf and it's soo much better now.

I have mine set as +4 Bass and +6 Treble with Fade to the back a couple of clicks.

Cr4p stereo to be honest, not impressed with it at all, i didnt think it was a Bose one, but when I took the stereo out recently, theres a sticker on it and it does say Bose on it, so im presuming it is a Bose one??

me too....utter gash...

Thirded, its a pile of rubbish.

I junked it, fitted a Pioneer head unit and a JBL 4 channel amp to run the standard door speakers and it totally transformed the sound, then added a 12" sub and amp to round out the bass fill.

2 bass 5 treble and all to the rear as one of my front speakers is blown lol

Both B&T flat, but then again, I've got an AMSS, Infinity 6x9s in the rear quarters, and 5.25" in the front doors, plus an old school Alpine 5 channel amp driving them all :yahoo: Sounds awesome at normal levels, and can still blur the scene in the rear view mirror if I'm in the mood to crank it...

Cheers,

Thirded, its a pile of rubbish.

I junked it, fitted a Pioneer head unit and a JBL 4 channel amp to run the standard door speakers and it totally transformed the sound, then added a 12" sub and amp to round out the bass fill.

Oh, yeah, my setting is to replace all stock kit with decent after-market gear... now any setting sounds just awesome :p

I'm running a Vibe 1000w sub as well as the standard tupperware sub, so my treble is set to +4 to counter the bass, which varies between +2 to +6 depending on my mood!

Fader R4. Front speakers are gash on the standard non-bose.