AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

Fuel pump location/snapped fuel pipe eeekkkk

As above really, just wondering if anyone knows where it is and how to get to the outward fuel line? as i snapped the fuel line changing the filter!

Cheers

Tom.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear
    Eskiv Champion

Status
    Its under the back seat so pull it up and there is a circular panel take the screws out and its there. Funnily enough i did this when i first had mine and i had to drop the tank slightly to get the pipe in as theres not much room otherwise. You might get away without dropping it but i could see no other way.

1st Gear

Status
    thanks for the reply mate, did you use ordinary pipe or did you get the part from audi?

3rd Gear
    Eskiv Champion

Status
    The pipe is attached to the pump the same way as the filter is so i used the unbroken clip on the fuel filter and the broken end on the pump with a small section of rubber pipe to connect it with jubilee clips im not sure if this is making any sense but its the best i can explain. I had to do it this way as i needed the car working straight away but if you can do without using the car until you can get the pipe from the dealer i would do this as its alot easier. I wouldnt recommend using rubber pipe and jubilee clips on the filter as i did that first and it leaked hence why i did it the other way. 1J0201293E this is the part no had a look on vagcat.
    Last edited by bengal; 1st November 2010 at 19:26.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Them clips are a ***** IF you dont know how they work, once you realise they are very easy...

3rd Gear
    Eskiv Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Them clips are a ***** IF you dont know how they work, once you realise they are very easy...
    They are but tbh when i first changed mine one side come off easy but the other side was stuck and the pipe must have been brittle resulting in it snapping even more of a ***** then lol.

1st Gear

Status
    ive done abit of a bodge job myself with some patio gas heater pipe,as i needed it to run but not to sure on the integrity of the pipe. no leaks yet tho! thanks for the part number as least the guy at the stealers wont have as much as a paddy now that i have a part number.

I still dont really know how to unclip the hose? i just applied some pressure around the collar, the first came off like a treat but the second was a nightmare plus i had petrol dripping in my face. not a good combo.lol

thanks again

3rd Gear
    Eskiv Champion

Status
    See how it goes but it would be better to have the proper clip on the filter as its exposed to everything where it is my bodge job has lasted well over a year now but thats inside the car so its not exposed to anything. At least youve got it back up and running though.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Dont forget, petrol can melt some rubber, once used some old air pipe on a supra to get me home, and it lasted 30 mins and went like chewing gum

3rd Gear
    Eskiv Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Dont forget, petrol can melt some rubber, once used some old air pipe on a supra to get me home, and it lasted 30 mins and went like chewing gum
    Thats a good point

3rd Gear

Status
    hmmmm, was gonna change my fuel filter tomorrow, think ill give it a miss now...
    2001 Audi S3 - Facelift - Revo remap - Forge 007p DV - BMC Panel Filter- Type R Ariel - Aero wipers - n75j valve.

1st Gear

Status
    yeah defo ordering the new part today, ill let you know how i get on.