1.8t (AGU) airbox wanted

andyherd

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Looking for an airbox for my '99 A3 1.8T (AGU), really only need the upper half but haven't found anyone that doesn't sell the entire box.

Reason I need a new one is at some time in the past it had a cone filter fitted, this was replaced with an airbox that had no hole in the top for the iginiton control module (from a later car I'm told).

I have bought a couple of eBay but returned them after one had no inner part of the ignition control module and the other was cracked.

If anyone has one or knows where I might get one that would be great.

Cheers

You could try volksmine they are based in stoke but should post as they are on ebay their number is 01782833585. Though tbh if the amp is mounted on a metal surface with thermal paste between them it should be fine where it is.

You could try volksmine they are based in stoke but should post as they are on ebay their number is 01782833585. Though tbh if the amp is mounted on a metal surface with thermal paste between them it should be fine where it is.

Will give them a try

What is thermal paste, is it the same as exhaust paste? Where can I get some?

Thermal paste is used mainly for computer cpus it transfers the heat away from them as well as this the amp should have some on already if its been done properly but if the amp has to be removed its best to put new paste on it goes between the metal plate on the amp and the surface its attached to. If you have a maplins near you you can get it there other than that any computer repair shop should do it.