Chris NottVolks Autos
    Faster than a V12 Q7

Status

Pipewerx to standard exhaust

Good morning Chaps,

Bill's going to be swapping my rods out for some shiny new ones in the next few weeks and I'm starting to think about the next stage.

Tuffty kept his standard cat back up until a point where his EGTs started to get too high, which prompts my question, when I go hybrid will a miltek cat back be necassary?

I'd like to order a pipewerx DP and cat (Audi TT S3 3" Exhaust Down Pipe & High Flow Sports Cat on eBay (end time 07-Nov-10 10:51:07 GMT)) and if the standard cat back can handle the power I will just order a reducer at the same time so the two can be joined. But if it's the standard cat back is likely to not be up to the job I won't waste my time and I'll get a miltek cat back.

What are your thoughts???

2. # ADS
    ADS

Missing the S3

Status
    I think at the end of the day when it comes to turbos, the easier it is for gases to flow the better output you get, so i'd say you'll see gains, but how much of a gain is anyones guess

Faster than a V12 Q7

Status
    Yeah if it helps flow exhaust gases out thats good, it's just 470 that I wouldn't mind spending on an FMIC lol

Missing the S3

Status
    A fmic would be a good purchase and will also be required for maintaining power with a hybrid setup. I guess the question is do you want to do the exhaust system in one hit or are you happy fitting the cat back at a later date? At the end of the day all these small modifications compliment each other.