Badger5EM Tuning
    3rd Gear

Status

any way to get a 50/50 lock on the wheels without a haldex controller?

I would like to have some more lock on those quattros...i dont like how the car delivers the power...its like 2wd until the wheels spins then the haldex kicks in and the car feels a 4wd for about a couple of seconds. And it takes the haldex around 1 second or so before it kicks in.
    Anyways i might be wrong about that, but i would like to have a 40/50 or 50/50 lock without paying 950$ for a blue controller upgrade.
    PS:I think the blue haldex controller upgrade does a 40/50 locking, and there was an orange colored one that did 50/50 all the time,

we can make the car 2wd by removing the fuse, but can we make it 4wd somehow?
    Audi S3 AMK
    Relentless-Manifold, Relentless-3" downpipe decat, Forge 007 DV, autobahn88 TIP, K&N Panel filter, EBC yellowstuff brake pads, R32 ARB, Custom column dual gauge pod...waiting for a remap!

For help/info/pricing on xs manifold and downpipe pm me (not affiliated, nor a reseller trader, just an enthusiast!)

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    The blue Haldex controller gives 50/50 on half throttle or above, there is no orange version available for the 8L S3 which keeps the haldex engaged under breaking. MTM sell a Haldex switch that keeps the haldex engaged permanently, but I don't know how that works, and it costs 750+vat, so a Haldex Performance controller is the best choice for what you are after, in my opinion.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    Nothing wrong with the Performance haldex controller

The Orange one is for the new shape S3 the blue is for 8L
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available

FOR SALE
    None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

3rd Gear

Status
    i was reading about the orange one on a vw forum...ill check if i can find that thread again and post it here
    Audi S3 AMK
    Relentless-Manifold, Relentless-3" downpipe decat, Forge 007 DV, autobahn88 TIP, K&N Panel filter, EBC yellowstuff brake pads, R32 ARB, Custom column dual gauge pod...waiting for a remap!

For help/info/pricing on xs manifold and downpipe pm me (not affiliated, nor a reseller trader, just an enthusiast!)

4th Gear

Status
    Another way is to have a mechanical controller, I don't know if anyone has used this but by the sound of it, it could work.
    SQS Racing | Haldex Regulator
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

3rd Gear

Status
    as for the orange controller...i think it existed for a couple of years, just type haldex orange controller on google and many info pops out.
    aparently it is also called haldex competition controller??
    Audi S3 AMK