what size pcd adapters

billy01

Reaction score
hi, ive just picked up some merc wheels for my a3 there 16x7.5 with an et of 41, will these fit and does anyone know how thick of a pcd adapter i can get in there?? what the thickest i can go??

thanks in advance

i can get 15mm at the thinnest, but i want to know how thick i can go without getting any trouble, nice to see another kernow dweller here too

where in kernow are you?

I run 8.5" wide rims with ET25..... so to get the same `poke` with your 7.5" ET41 you would want a 28.5 mm spacing. However, my car is an S3, so flared wheel arches. You dont want to match my ET. Im not sure how much the flared S3 arches are compared to the A3. But im guessing probably more than 10mm. So, considering i have a little spare room in my wheel arches i would have thought you would be ok with 20mm.

These are all back of the envelope calcs, or back of the eye lids anyway

im in pool, near camborne fella, yea thats fair enough i think ill go for 20mm and hopefully that will get them sat level with the arches, im not to up on et's etc but ill give them a go and see what happens, im always up for having bits and bobs so if you ever get any bits that would be any good to me, and your selling then drop me a p.m

will do. As your over there i should recommend you to the garage i use. Its called AVS and they are on the Barncoose Industrial Estate, same one that Pirate FM is on. Its run by 2 ex Audi service mechanics and are both really genuine guys. Cant recommend them enough

ideal thak you, thats really handy to know, i usually use r.k engineering but they can be pricey sometimes