Quicker than an RS4? what do you guys think, worth it?

IMO
MTM stuff is massively over priced.
Granted this one has alot of toys but ... its alot

I wonder if this car is still running the standard intercoolers?

Also
MTM HALDEX COTROLLER (ALLOW YOU TO LOCK THE TORQUE SPLIT 50/50)

The above is not a Haldex performance controller, it's just a wired switch that you flick on to lock the haldex fully so you get fulltime 4wd.

why has not taken a pic of the engine bay? but 8 pics of the bodywork...

As said over priced. Dont see why buy it new and mod it straight away for the price they paid for it all.
MTM work does seem to be very pricey for what they do. Would of liked to see some photos of the engine bay.
Looks like an nice S3 mind

When you first look at it and read the spec it sounds really good but think of all the things that could go wrong with it and if it all cost £60k for the parts its gonna hurt your wallet when something does go wrong!!!

How much was a 8L S3 when new?
I only know personaly of 1 MTM tuned S3 and every bit they added that breaks ( as things do ) cost the ****** earth !
As said, how come no pictures or the engine? this is ment to be where a large part of the money has ment to have gone.
The brakes ... good yes but stupidly priced for discs and pads when they are needed. One of many things that would quickly empty the bank AFTER th £10k wanted to actualy get the car

I do wonder where the £60k has gone towards, but of a free plug for qst below, the conversion itself is £6850+vat. Car is let's say £30k, so that's another £20kodd towards wheels brakes and suspension?

Qs Tuning

MTM Bimoto Rims. 8" x 18"

nom-nom-nom.jpg

This is the guy I bought my car from a good while ago, Nick is a top bloke a proper car enthusiast, when I went to view my car he had three S3's a couple of Rs6's and three or four rs4's! I was in heaven! Loves his m3 csl's too

One of my previous S3s was the same level of tuning as this.

Very fast for what it was, but dont think quite 350 bhp, 300-320 more likely, I probably think he is referring to the B5 RS4, my RS4 far from standard and Ive never driven a standard one so wouldnt be able to comment on that!

However my old S3 with the MTM tuning was a very very fun car ;).....How ever not a big fan of their maps...

This is my old car I just traded it for a b5 rs4.
Car is as advertised.its perfect! I'm a professional mechanic and ive spent alot of money to get it into the condition it's in now.I am very good friends with the man who bought this car brand new and built it.
I have dyno plots for when it was custom mapped it made 341bhp.I'm happy to answer any questions.
Who ever buys this car will not be disappointed

i'd be inclined to offer 9k personally.....but then toys like this are pretty much as custom as your likely to get without dropping an RS4 lump in....so the term 'worth what someone will pay' couldn't be more appropriate

Car is as advertised.its perfect! I'm a professional mechanic and ive spent alot of money to get it into the condition it's in now.I am very good friends with the man who bought this car brand new and built it.
I have dyno plots for when it was custom mapped it made 341bhp.I'm happy to answer any questions.

How come you spent loads to get it to the condition its in now yet the bloke you bought it from built it :whistle2:

Never said I bought it off the man who built it.Learn how to read
Milage tends add to wear.in the 2 years I had the car I got the front resprayed due to stone chips.replace the clutch and flywheel and replace most of the rubber bushings.put new brakes on ect

Hi Alan, just one question really, is there's seriously £60k worth of built car there? I mean I know it's not you selling it, but totalling up the bills over the years doesn't count, I'd expect more like 500bhp if I spent £60k on an S3.

i have to agree with jojo....id be suprised if the RS4 S3 had 60k in it, nevermind a car with standard running gear and rebuilt 1.8 engine

Hi jojo.60k is including the price of the car new
Not sure of the total value of car including mods but I know all the stuff for the mods was bought brand new wheels,brakes,engine conversion

No worries Alan, was you supprised he put it up for so much?
You still have clear love for the car......

Tbh that price is a little much but I will say nick gave me a good trade in price.
I genuinely and honestly will say this is a fantastic car I just wanted a change

Hi jojo.60k is including the price of the car new
Not sure of the total value of car including mods but I know all the stuff for the mods was bought brand new wheels,brakes,engine conversion

Yes, apologies on my part, I know the £60k is including the car, lets call the car £30k or £35k max with every possible optional extra(except custom colour), so throwing £25k on top, I expect 500bhp from my 1.8T. Do you think or know if there's £25k worth of tuning on the car?

Just to clarify, I'm just curious, and intrigued to know if it's justified by the seller to say the following in his ad.
THIS EXAMPLE WAS MODIFIED FROM NEW AT A COST OF AROUND £60000 INCLUDING THE CAR.

I also don't blame the seller for advertising it for £10k+, if someone haggles and gets a reasonable good deal out of it, both parties a winner!