Strange Acceleration Behaviour

Hadders

Reaction score
Hi guys. So I've had this little issue since I replaced my faulty MAF sensor with a sparkly new one. I get the feeling it may have something to do with having the N249 bypass but I'm hoping someone can enlighten me more.

When accelerating hard (noticable from about 3k upwards) and lift off the accelerator, obviously I hear the DV kick in and divert pressure, but I get a little acceleration surge. This has the effect of feeling a bit like a single kangaroo jump for want of a better explanation.

Any ideas? Spec in the sig.

Mine does the same, i have replaced clutch switch and still does it. There are a couply of threads but with no conclusion to what problem can be....

I had a similar problem with the clutch switch myself, but that was only when changing gear (i.e. depressing the clutch). Replacing the clutch switch fixed it, but only when I had fully depressed the switch a couple of times by hand and then sellotaped (yes sellotaped) it into a secure position as it was able to move about in the mounting quite easily. That disappeared after that.

This new problem is when lifting off the accelerator at any time, be it to change gear or to simply slow down (no clutch involved). It's as though it is related to boost pressure. I wonder if it may be to do with the fact I had to T-Piece the DV line from the intake manifold to the FPR line after I *ahem* snapped the nipple.