Jedi- where's your 1st drive report??

trekbiker

Reaction score
He picked his Noggy up today, and we've yet to hear anything

.........We're waiting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

im here... wow what a trip. left my home at 7am and first set my eyes on the noggy at 1:30.. really bad traffic all the way there.

exchanged paper work with the current / now previous owner before finally sitting my MY car and driving for the first time.

OK, so coming from a corrado vr6 it took a little while to completely understand the different style of driving that was needed. although it does pull in 6th it really needs dropping to 5th or sometimes 4th. the handling feels a little strange aswell. the corrado is very direct but the s3 'feels' as if it underseers lots ...but it still gets round corners quick so i guess its just a feeling.

ride quality is 10 times better than my lowered corrado and interior confort and quality....say no more!

traffic was pretty crap on the way back but managed to have a bit of fun keeping my dad and his lowly 406 at bay (if your gonna read this dad thanks for driving me down there!! )

as i got towards home i deliberatly took a longer route but one which had some nice familiar roads to play on.. had a big grin on my face at the end of them i can tell you.

only annoying this is the cd player decided to stop working just as i came off the m25 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif says error 3...think a cd is stuck in there.

some pics..not my usual high standard of pic but i took em quick in a car park.. batter ones soon

cheers for all help and advice from the forum!

Congrats on your new purchase Jedi, Very nice and clean indeed. I'm sure you will miss the Corrado though... Happy motoring /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Looking good Jedi. It'd be interesting to read your view of how it compares to the vr6 after you've had some time to get used to it.

I always put my phone in the rubber lined compartment below the ashtray but i'll give the cup holder a try and see how it goes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

its just nice to have the phone up where i can see it as sometimes with loud music and driving i dont hear or see it... when i get bluetooth setup it wont be so bad i guess

i'll take the vr6 out for a spin after the weekend and see how it feels going back to that.

Jedi - is that Listers Audi on the plate by any chance?
Reason I ask is my S3 is from them, and has the reg Y204 UEE.

Cant believe I havnt thought of the using the cup holder as a phone holder.

Ive been looking for a home fo it for a while now and it fits perfect there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Oh yeah!!!!! Congratulations on owning the most awseome S3 colour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

i'll check the plate in a mo, just got in, but im gonna wash the car in a mo.

car is great... understeer is more than i realised though!! loads more compared to the corrado which didnt understeer atall!!

how can i fix that?

ta

Yes, i think it is from Listers Audi. I viewed the car for him. Is listers in Lincoln??

I think I meant Lincoln Audi, which is where I got mine from.

You can dial out most of the understeer by fitting a golf r32 rear anti roll bar and bushes then fit powerflex front roll bar bushes in place of the standard ones to harden up the front end a little and then the cornering becomes a revelation all for less than £100.
Cheers "Bingo"
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif