Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor HELP!

matboh s3

Reaction score
basicly ... its booked into audi to have this replaced on thursday , but ive searched the internet and found exactly were it is and how to change it and ive found somewere to buy one from . But what ive stumbled across is someone saying after replacing it , the sensor will need callibrating..ive only seen this on one post , is this right? . or is it literally plug it in and its all done ? ....help asap before audi take £280 of my moneys!

had the same problem and fixed it, did not reset it works fine. Do a search there was a post not long ago. If you dont want to fix it just buy the sensor and change it yourself and save 180 notes.
It would take audi 15 minutes to do, not a bad hourly rate for them!!!!!!!!!!!

I changed both my longitudinal + latitude sensor on my s3 took about an hour at the most to do, most of the time spent was re-fitting the interior trim panels
so it lined up sweet.

Definitely a DIY job. If you've got small hands you can even do it without removing the lower dash.

where is it you are buy it from?

Need to do mine but dont want to pay Audi for it.

yes they have, there was a link post on here not long ago to a german fella who had done it and fixed the problem. i took my old one apart though and in the end you'd have to break it out, and re solder it in. weather it will work is a gamble though. il try find the link now.............

BLUEVISIONS
there ya go

Just so we get this straight. The longitudinal is behind the glovebox. The latitudinal is the one under the steering wheel. I fell fowl of this one.

scanning for faults would prove they're faulty, you would get a fault that looks like this...
01279 - Longitudinal Acceleration Sensor (G251)
27-10 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

also, in the link above that i posted, shows pictures of what they look like.

the lateral acceleration sensor is located under the steering column to the left of it, its held in a gold bracket, cant miss it, the sensor is put in facing left to right(there is arrows to show its configuration) hence lateral.

the longitudinal is located behind the glovebox, held in the same bracket, again cant miss this one as there isnt much else. this is configured front to back, hence longitudinal.

the two sensors are used so that the abs knows how much brake and where to apply it based on your speed and direction. which would explain esp and abs lights coming on.

hope this helps.