NO SOUND FROM REAR SPEAKERS???

wayne1.8t

Reaction score
HI ALL

A BIG hello to everyone as this is my 1st post!
I own a a3 sport 1.8T 00 had it for 2 years now and since owned it I've never
had sound from the rear speakers or subwoofer. The disc changer works fine just never no sound
only from the front door speakers?
If anybody could help I would be mucho gratefull for any info as I'm useless when
it comes to stuff like that.
Thanks guy/girls

You either have a failed rear/sub amp, or someone has fitted an aftermarket HU and not bothered to use the rear amp adaptor to plug the HU into the rear amp, or they had an aftermarket HU and refitted the original Audi unit and forgot to plug it back in. The feed to the rear amp is on a 20 pin mini ISO connector (long thing thing with 20 pins on it). However if the changer is working which runs off the same connector then it's probably a duff rear/sub amp. The amp feeds both the rears and the tupperware sub and is located conveniently inside the sub "enclosure".
If the connection is OK at both ends then I'd just swap the sub over for one on ebay (about £25) as most people can't wait to get rid of the garbage.
If you have an aftermarket HU then you need to buy a rear amp adapter (PC9-410) which will feed the rear pre-outs from the HU to the rear amp.
AUDI A3 SUBWOOFER on eBay (end time 24-Nov-10 17:44:44 GMT)

Or better still invest in one of my stealth subs for a dramatic improvement!

Hi
thanks for the reply I will pull the sub out and check all connections at weekend and test it all if all fails I might be intersested in the stealth sub u have. Would that just replace the original one?
Sorry to sound dumb u say HU? What would that be lol
Also are the rear speakers wired to the sub?

Thanks for the info
Wayne

HU = head unit
The rear speakers run off the same amp as the sub, which is inside the sub enclosure.
Info on the stealth sub is here:
dizzythedog.com

Could it be that its not coded right. I changed the coding on my HU and I lost my rear speakers.

Nathan

Hi nathen cheers for adding that!
When you say code would that be the code when the battery been took off
the stereo wants a code?
Thanks

Hi nathen cheers for adding that!
When you say code would that be the code when the battery been took off
the stereo wants a code?
Thanks

No, that's a safe code so if your cars stolen and the battery goes dead they wont be able to use that radio unless they have the code which should be in your owners manual.

The coding I mean is the coding you have to do to code the HU to the car. Like you have to code your HU if you put Bose etc in it. I have the list of the codes if you have vag com.

Nathan

Ah I see. No don't have vag com. Just been having a look how to take sub out. Would I need to take the surround off what the sub and changer is hid behind? Looks a nightmare itself!
How would I no if the amp is dead? Or the sub is blown?
Cheers guys