Is it remapped?

andyherd

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Recently got myself a '99 A3 20vT AGU. Being new to the 20vT game I'm unsure if mine has been remapped, the chap that owned the car before me reckoned it wasn't but how can I be sure?

just off topic, im posting out your dump valve you got from me off ebay m8ty..lol.. didnt realise you was on this forum :)

When you floor it, You should notice a nice boost around 3K revs. Standard 1.8T feels totaly flat through all revs.

When you floor it, You should notice a nice boost around 3K revs. Standard 1.8T feels totaly flat through all revs.

Cheers for keeping me updated on the DV

Haven't really driven it hard yet but will look out for 3k boost:icon_thumright:

Have you got any mates with the same car to compare?
Does it look to have any supporting mods?
I think you would be able to tell with a boost guage maybe??

I've been in a mapped 20vT Mk4 Golf and it seemed to pull much harder than mine but as mentioned above haven't hammered mine yet

With regards any supporting mods it's got a Baileys dump valve and nothing else. Can a higher amount of boost from the remap be detected through a VAGCOM check?

ha ha ha, i wouldn't like to brag about being a reckless boy racer, someone might have a go lol

Gave it a hard run today and don't think mines has a map. I used to own a Corrado VR6 and I've been in a mapped Mk4, both of which I reckon would wipe the floor with my A3. I did notice my Audi dealer in Glasgow does MTM remaps though so maybe santa will be good to me :laugh: