Badger5EM Tuning
    3rd Gear

Status

chinese 3" downpipes and decat prices down??

it is me or the prices on those downpipes is down?
    I can get it for around 140$ (Canadian dollars) downpipe + decat or 120 cell cat.

I know those needs a bit of tweaking so they can be fitted but it doesnt bother me much

so what do you think?
    Audi S3 AMK
    Relentless-Manifold, Relentless-3" downpipe decat, Forge 007 DV, autobahn88 TIP, K&N Panel filter, EBC yellowstuff brake pads, R32 ARB, Custom column dual gauge pod...waiting for a remap!

For help/info/pricing on xs manifold and downpipe pm me (not affiliated, nor a reseller trader, just an enthusiast!)

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    no... yes... maybe?
    Audi S3 AMK
    Relentless-Manifold, Relentless-3" downpipe decat, Forge 007 DV, autobahn88 TIP, K&N Panel filter, EBC yellowstuff brake pads, R32 ARB, Custom column dual gauge pod...waiting for a remap!

For help/info/pricing on xs manifold and downpipe pm me (not affiliated, nor a reseller trader, just an enthusiast!)

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    link?
    RIP S3dave/David Marshall stickers now available

FOR SALE
    None resonated Milltek exhaust,
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    I would keep clear....its up to you

3rd Gear

Status
    here is a link:

Audi VW TT S3 Quattro GTi 3" Downpipe + 120 cell Cat: eBay Motors (item 270638889142 end time Nov-21-10 18:44:00 PST)

i know it is a nice item to use...but for the price it would cost me, i would buy and install just to check the benefits of having a 3" downpipe, and if it brokes, i will throw it in garbage.

PS: installation wont cost me a penny, a freind of mine will do it for a couple of beers

two months before the same kit used to sell at around 250$...
    Audi S3 AMK

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    poor fitment to the turbo and the 120cell cat will never pass a mot

I have the same one and complained so much they gave me a refund.

FOR SALE
    Adjustable FPR from 1-5 bar, 2 sets of Unused ARP 3/8 2000 rod bolts, relentless 200 cell cat pipe, Std AGU Crankshaft. Ported & Reconditioned Cylinder head service.

3rd Gear

Status
    in my country we dont have mot. I can evo go de-cat, but apparently there is no gain from it.
    the seller told me that it needs some modifiying so its fits the turbo 100% and thats why it is selling cheap.

but do you feel the gain from the 3" downpipe?
    Audi S3 AMK

Cylinder Head Master

Status
    When i fitted mine my engine had a major rebuild as seen in my sig below so i can't tell you if you can feel a gain

FOR SALE

3rd Gear

Status
    yes i saw your sig and i was going to ask you about the "uprated haldex", is it the haldex controller upgrade you are talking about here?
    i like the power the S3 can deliver...but i dont like the way it puts it on the wheels so i am looking for a solution and aparently the haldex controller upgrade is the only one available and it cost 1000$ :S
    Audi S3 AMK

Neutral

Status
    Umm....

Doesn't mean when it is made in China, it's going to be a bad piece. The Chinese export the highest grade of product overseas and have legislations in place to control export product's quality. Audi A3, A4, A6, Q5 is all made in China for the domestic market, and I drive a A4L in China and there is no difference to my A4 Cab in New Zealand in term of quality I think.
    Audi A4 Cabriolet 1.8T MY06.

Plate number: 88MU88 (New Zealand) Mu is my last name and yes I am a Chinese.

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by 88mu88 View Post
    Umm....

Doesn't mean when it is made in China, it's going to be a bad piece. The Chinese export the highest grade of product overseas and have legislations in place to control export product's quality. Audi A3, A4, A6, Q5 is all made in China for the domestic market, and I drive a A4L in China and there is no difference to my A4 Cab in New Zealand in term of quality I think.
    Hi there please read post #6 its not hear say they dont fit

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s3dave View Post
    Hi there please read post #6 its not hear say they dont fit
    Seconded. Having done work on these, the ones that are currently available on the market won't fit without trimming.

The flange to the turbo it too big to fit underneath the OEM manifold, and just contacts, prohibiting fitment.

They are in the process of rectifying this.

Also, they're made in the States, not in China.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson