Badger5Volks Autos

Thread: I got one!!

Re: Another bloody parking ticket

Oh it gets better.

Now I know what car has my plate, I call the police again to ask them to stop the car, and they tell me they cannot do that as the guy has done nothing wrong..

So I ask.. isn't a car using someone elses number plate theft? Apparently not..

So.. the fact there is a car going around with MY number plate, which clearly will have NO insurance or TAX, its not a crime.

Why bother having any laws at all, it seems the only laws they can inforce are the ones that pi$$ off normal drivers, and yet laws which might have any real use, oh they cant enforce those.

This is just too frustrating.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status

Matt, sounds daft but try contacting your local MP perhaps?

This is just typical - if its hard for the police to do then they are not interested and keep the focus on law-abiding taxpayers that may make the odd speeding infringement.

Why do we all bother [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Reverse Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh it gets better.

Now I know what car has my plate, I call the police again to ask them to stop the car, and they tell me they cannot do that as the guy has done nothing wrong..

So I ask.. isn't a car using someone elses number plate theft? Apparently not..

So.. the fact there is a car going around with MY number plate, which clearly will have NO insurance or TAX, its not a crime.

Why bother having any laws at all, it seems the only laws they can inforce are the ones that pi$$ off normal drivers, and yet laws which might have any real use, oh they cant enforce those.

This is just too frustrating.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unbelievable!

Can you ask them to confirm in writing that using incorrect plates is legal, then scan it and put it on here. I will get some fake plates made up immediately!

Seriously though, you should raise a complaint because what they are telling you is simply not true!

Try asking over at http://www.5ive-0.com some of the boys in blue may be able to advise

Neutral

Status

might be an interesting story for fifth gear or Top gear? Get in touch with a researcher!!

failing that, call MI5 and tell them the car is being used to transport weapons of mass destruction.. Dubya will send an F15 or 6 after it!

Reverse Gear

Status

Have you taken your plate off the car, even temporarily? If the DVLA don't have it listed as being on a car then won't the police be more inclined to stop the car that's running around with it on illegally? Just a thought...

-Tony

Neutral

Status

I got one!!

well an S3 that is!
    picked it up on my birthday this week
    it is a 51 plate S3, in bright red , 18 inch RS4 alloys, Bose sound system (which is awseome) cream leather interior, full audi history, one owner and the dealer knows it from new.
    has a private S3 plate as well which was a nice touch plus new tyres and alloys all round.

Drove into work today with a big grin on my face and it certainly gets noticed.

i thought about black and silver but black is a whore to keep clean and too many silver cars about!!

absolute treat to drive, so well put together with a very nice smooth power delivery. totally effortless to drive!
    I used to own a few crazy jap turbos like evos and skylines but this is much more classy and refined so well happy.

have put the audi extended warranty on it as you never know, just been serviced by the previous owner at 46k miles so hopefully some happy good motoring.

would it be a 210 or 225 model? not that it matters to be honest!!

NLW
    Kingston Upon Thames.

5th Gear

Status

Re: I got one!!

It could well be either! check the service book as it has a build sticker in the front where the power is stated in KW - you'll have to convert that to BHP though! More 225 appeares after 2002 so if its a 51 2001 its more likely to be 210 and if its a 51 2002 a 225 - but not definitive! Chips to the same power anyway!

Loverly colour BTW!

S3 Drift King!

Status

Congrats on your new purchase NLW, and start saving for the chip that you will need when you get bored, followed by the lowered suspension and then the tyres need renewing etc etc... Have fun and enjoy! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

Very nice example M8!

Awesome colour combination [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif[/img] Not many reds with that leather in [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Any more pics?

2nd Gear

Status

NLW

Very nice, i think i saw that somewhere- was it Auto Trader? Lovely interior, and similar age to the one i have just bought. Pictures to be posted at the W/E once its been polished and had new RS4 reps put on it [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

BTW

You're the 3rd forum user to get one this week-that i know of [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif[/img]

4th Gear

Status

nice.

im a new s3 owner aswell. yeah the bose wasnt as bad as i was lead to believe.. needs an upgrade sub but then it will do i reckon

enjoy the motoring!

va va voom

Status

nice, i want an S3 [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]