CLEAN YOUR THROTTLE BODY

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoban81

Reaction score
66525_447397288402_599468402_5478693_122522_n.jpg
If you have bad idle or like me your car was stalling when stopping at juctions, clean your throttle body takes 10mins 5mm alan key and a flat head screwdriver not had any problems since I did this 2 weeks ago.

Such a difference for a few quid thought it was gonna be altanator belt or another leaking hose.

New spark plugs next week.

And dont forget the throttle body alignment after the clean :thumbsup:

You still have to do it on drive by wire but its a different group on vag com.

I did not disconnect the throttle body so did not align the throttle body, no problems.

This is not related but when I start my car there is a brief whine screetch noise is this one of the belts.

I did not disconnect the throttle body so did not align the throttle body, no problems.

This is not related but when I start my car there is a brief whine screetch noise is this one of the belts.
I would say the alternator belt you could take it off and start it up that way if its stopped then its the belt. Could be the starter motor as i think they can screech but dont quote me on that one lol.

Sounds like the starter motor if it's only immediately after starting the car..
Mine was doing this before i bought it, had it replaced before I picked the car up.

I would say the alternator belt you could take it off and start it up that way if its stopped then its the belt. Could be the starter motor as i think they can screech but dont quote me on that one lol.
Starters will screech if they dont disengage properly because the solenoid is worn. It's usually a short loud screech thats pretty distinct, much louder than alternator belt whine.

Starters will screech if they dont disengage properly because the solenoid is worn. It's usually a short loud screech thats pretty distinct, much louder than alternator belt whine.
Thanks for clearing that up i thought bad starters screech but wasnt 100%.:thumbsup:

Is it easy to replace the starter motor or should I take it to a garage, and also what price should I expect to pay to have this done.

Thanks in advance

Its a fairly easy job you can do it from under the bonnet just undo the bolts/nuts take it off new one in basically.There will be an electrical connection of some sort as well but i havnt had to do mine but iv seen where it is and it looks easy.

The screech will the the secondary air pump....mine does it on cold days.

I'll close this as its not a definitive 'how to' thread.
Anyone wish to post one up with pics it could be added to stickies but pasting a link to another forum is not the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.