Audi TT reviews over audi a3 1.8t

L3WJX

Reaction score
Thinking of getting rid of my audi a3 1.8t for a audi tt,any body reviews or am i stupid for doinng it ?

Why would it be a stupid move?, you are going from an A3 to a TT, an upgrade in anyone's book! What type of review are you after also? Most people buy the TT for it's looks, it will be similar, if not better to drive than an A3 anyways.

I have considered a TT 225 though currently have an S3.
Friend of mine has one and they feel nice, possibly feel faster also as you are that much lower to the ground!
I think its a good swap personally and one i have considered!

Just don`t forget your scissers

And hairdryer !

When i picked up my RSTT alloys the bloke had a black one and had only done 25k in 8 years! The interior was very nice, possibly slightly more polished than an S3 but overall very impressive. My personal choice would be a 240 quattro sport in red with a black roof but there like hens teeth.

Cheers.

Never had the performance to match the looks imo, and not a hugh fan of them myself, I really like the mk2 thou. As for reviews who cares, go drive one and decided for yourself, its a sports coupe so it wont be practicle and the A pillars are ment to be a pain for visibilty at junctions. I'd rather have a 350z if I wanted a 2 seater sports coupe (I know the TT is a 4 seater) If I had to have one it would be the 225 s line

another one for the 240 version....there is no performance difference between a TT and 225 S3, it may feel quicker but it wont be...infact i think the TT is heavier? not my personal taste as they are like driving tanks as the windows are just sooo narrow...but each to their own, still a very stylish car to this day

Gotta love the dissing of the TT's, the guy wants to know if it's a good swop to go from A3 1.8T to a TT, he doesn't have an S3, if he did have one, we would all say keep the S3!

Thinking of getting rid of my audi a3 1.8t for a audi tt,any body reviews or am i stupid for doinng it ?

You're asking in the wrong place - this section of the forum will be a bit biased towards the S3, hence the direction of this thread :)

For me it's no different - TT is nice, but the look is getting a bit dated these days and I can't fit my family in one. The child seat just does not go in the back :) Performance wise, there isn't much in it between S3 and TT.

Underneath, they are the same VW Golf base and same engine, so many issues are common on both. I know the dash on TT tends to like pretending that it's a Christmas tree, which can be expensive to fix.

oh noooo your not a Lambrini girl!!!

we're joking about gaylord wine, i'm sat here with a glass of Blossom Hill celebrating the fact that we've finally got our neighbours an abatement order served after 2 months of noise, b**stards!!! avit!!

oh noooo your not a Lambrini girl!!!

we're joking about gaylord wine, i'm sat here with a glass of Blossom Hill celebrating the fact that we've finally got our neighbours an abatement order served after 2 months of noise, b**stards!!! avit!!

Loving your work dude. Nothing wrong with a nice Californian, and Blossom Hill is good shiz!!

Should we buy TTs?!

damn right hobo, gone for the signature blend this time, much easier on the pallet!!

yeah TT, they are the mutts crotch.....

i thought it was a euphemism for the mammary glands

or rather plural....'gland' :)

Last edited:
225 TT's are very nice, but there is no beating the classic butch looks of a planted S3!!!

My mate recently got a soft top one in silver. Very cool, only a 2 seater but that doesnt matter. Not keen on the dash but the bose system sounds wicked. Dont think Id buy one myself as Im not really into coupe's, would rather a practical car.

Sean I wouldn't bother with bose, great if you have it but apparently its not hard to beat with aftermarket items

Sean I wouldn't bother with bose, great if you have it but apparently its not hard to beat with aftermarket items

I seriously think that you can beat it with the cheapest set of speakers and head-unit from maplin and some sound insulating material, installed with your eyes closed :)

Made me sick to see how flimsy the S3 "premium" system was.

Saving money/practicality = keep A3
Practicality/performance/understated looks = S3
Looks/performance = TT

All part of the service @ ASN :)

Yeah s3 Bose does seem quite poor, but his tt Bose sounded quite impressive, maybe down to the acoustics.

Ive got a S3 but have driven a TT and it felt like I was sat in a bath tub with the door right up on my shoulder. It felt nicer to be lower down but wrong for the door to be so high. Made me feel like a dwarf and Im not vertically challenged.

So do i keep my a3 1.8t or go for tt or s3 ?

I'd do away with the A3 as nice a car as they are and get an S3 or TT, both lovely cars in there own right, depends what your circumstances are...

I have to admit I have thought about a tt recently for a change but think I'd miss the rear seats from the S3...

It very much depends on which TT you want, the 150bhp, the 189bhp or the 225bhp, Roadster or Coupe etc.

I've driven both (I've got an A3) and the GF had a TT before. Hers was the 225bhp Roadster and it was a nice enough car but hers was a total dog so it went. Had loads of big problems in the end and was riddled with electrical faults throughout her ownership.

If it was me I'd go for a 240bhp one as mentioned earlier but they're rocking horse poo. A low miles 225bhp Coupe with all the toys would be my choice if there's no 240's around but make sure you go over whatever you look at with a fine toothed comb as they can have issues. Full service history is a must too! The rear diff on the GF's was on the way out when we got rid of it and its a good £2k to change (on a good day).

I love the looks of a TT (it'd have to be black) and the interior is nice enough. The Quattros drive nice and the 225 has plenty of poke. I found the roadster a bit loud for my tastes though (road and wind noise). They look the mutts nutts with a subtle drop and some nice wheels.

T

Last edited:
Agreed, it would have to be the 225 TT minimum...

None of this 150, 180 business :)

My S3 has bose but the drivers speaker is on its way out, is there any point in replacing it like for like ?

Cheers

There also the 3.2 V6 DSG to consider. I think overalll the TT is a good sports coupe, if your thinking about having one go and test drive a few. Bottom line is what are you after out of a car.