Actuator creaking?

bengal

Reaction score
Hi all as the title suggests a random creaking sound has appeared on my car a couple of days ago. It only happens after i change gear and hit the accelerator hard then theres the creak. Also a loss of boost at the same time this started happening will a stiff actuator spring cause this and if so does that mean replacement or can it be fixed? Sorry if it seems vague but i cant really describe it any better.

I don't know what your creaking noise is but it won't be the actuator....

Get it logged then start from there..

<tuffty/>

Hi all as the title suggests a random creaking sound has appeared on my car a couple of days ago. It only happens after i change gear and hit the accelerator hard then theres the creak. Also a loss of boost at the same time this started happening will a stiff actuator spring cause this and if so does that mean replacement or can it be fixed? Sorry if it seems vague but i cant really describe it any better.
I would say its more suspension related...as you step on the gas, the sussy will lift a fair bit....its not coming from your seat is it lol

Ok it was just a thought i dont know that much about turbos tbh at least it doesnt do it all the time though.

I would say its more suspension related...as you step on the gas, the sussy will lift a fair bit....its not coming from your seat is it lol
No its definately from the outside of the car lol I know my top mounts could do with replacing but would they creak other than that the rests fairly new shocks arb bushes wishbones and droplinks.

Ahah the springs are quite old but im getting coilovers soon. Itl be the springs i bet.

Just a quick update on this the noise is alot worse now but easier to figure out its the alternator belt slipping under load.