Whats my A3 T-Sport Quattro worth?£3k?

adamf200

Reaction score
Hi all,
Im thinking of selling my 2000 X Reg Audi A3 1.8T-Sport Quattro.
Its done 66,000 miles with full stamped service history.
2 Owners from New.
Black 5 door with S3 rear spoiler.
12 months MOT and 8 months Tax.
I was hoping to get £3000 for it?
Any thoughts?

facelift yes,it has the more powerfull engine and 6 speed gearbox as well.

all 1.8TQ's had 6 speed and the 180bhp ko3s turbo matey

i think you'd get 3k no probs for that, all depends how quickly you want to sell....with the mileage, assuming its in good cond i'd personally be holding out for 4k,although i would generally scour the market and plant it bang in the middle 'price wise' of all the others of similar spec....3k would be a tad cheap IMO (without researching)

I say 2.5k

Last edited:
maybe if they are fetching that........very low mileage, a 10 year old car shpould have 120k on the clock based on average mileage

too many variables m8 1) location cars are cheaper farther south u are = supply and demand 2) SERVICE HISTORY plays a big part new recent timing belt tensioner plus w pump can be had for £300 but may make the difference of £500 or £600 plus or minus on selling price , body work condition is generally marked as average good or very good as per Glasses guide ? 3) standard versus non standard , personally id only ever buy a standard vehicle and mod it myself ( by standard i mean engine wise ) cosmetics are a plus, I looked at several 1.8t sport qs and and several s3s before purchase, in particular I found the 1-8t qs of this vintage all had serious problems ,........ lowered , turbo problems , re-mapped etc etc having spent 20 years in the motor trade id say you have 3 options depending on the above and the condition of your car cheap 1) = £1800 - 2k = modded remapped pile o shize, 2) standard model needing body work or 4 new boots and has some service history 2k -2.5k , pristine example new tyres full service history needing absolutely nothing £3500 , just be honest with yourself m8 what u ask for and what u need .................

I recently sold a V reg. 130k, leather interior, s3 bumpers in great condition and a well looked after engine for £3k.I had a lot of interest and sold it within 24hrs. I reckon yours should be worth nearer 4k as there is one advertised locally, higher mileage and a year older for £3750.

Not all 6 speeds are k03s, the older ones where K03 AJQ engines. Still 180bhp though.

Good luck with the sale.

Should be able to get 4k for that spec/mileage car all day, very sort after motor...

It has just had a new cambelt and water pump and oil service as well as a new haldex filter and oil on the 4wd system. Other than the S3 rear spoiler car is totally standard and I live in the midlands.
After your advice ill probably advertise it at £3450 and look to get £3k!

it all depends on how urgently you want to get rid mate, if you want a higher price you may need to wait till the right buyer comes along, if you need to sell it quicker then perhaps the price should be reduced?

also have a look at the market and price it accordingly..believe it or not i managed to sell my 90' crx sir for £3600!! helped because someone else had a similar car up for sale at a crazy £5k!!! :)

adam i am looking to move to diesel power, ill pm you my email address, can you send me some pics?

It has just had a new cambelt and water pump and oil service as well as a new haldex filter and oil on the 4wd system. Other than the S3 rear spoiler car is totally standard and I live in the midlands.
After your advice ill probably advertise it at £3450 and look to get £3k!

i think you'd be mad to settle for that assuming you dont want to sell quickly..... i'd personally be sticking at 3.5 minimum, reason being that your car isn't as available as the 2wd A3's, therefore your buyer is likely to be a traveller, geographics don't mean as much when your looking for a specific car such as an A3 Quattro.....that also works as a negative because it isnt as attractive due to being less known than your mondeo derivitives.

a similar A3 2wd of a similar year will probably be £300-£500 cheaper so base it on that if there aren't many around - theres too many people IMO pricing cars based on their knowledge of recent ad hoc sales. S3's going on here for 4k over the last 48 months due to the buyers wanting rid, makes people automatically assume they are worth exactly that, yes they are only worth what someone will pay....but you have to compromise too by looking at what is available in that space and setting your own time limits for your sale - so many factors to worry about, best thing to do is to get it advertised as much as possible, some nice photos and some decent 'to the point' wording.

nobody will ever agree on this thread - semantics

id go for just under 3.9k with that sort of mileage. assuming the car looks mint on the outside? dont take less than 3.5 tho.