Heated rear windscreen not working

Keefy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Haven't really tested the rear windscreen heater at all since I bought the S3 in April, but this morning I actually needed it. After 5 mins I realised it was doing ****** all. The heated mirrors are all fine, but nothing from the rear screen.

Is this likely to just be a fuse gone, or are the heatings elements prone to failure?

I would say its more than likely a fuse but i would also check the element for breaks i cant see it been anything else though.

Yeah I hoped so. Can't see anything obviously wrong with the element, so will have to check the fuses. As an electrical ****** myself, can someone point me in the direction of the right one(s)?

If it's the element, you can get a touch up pen from ebay which reconects the joints.

Open the drivers door and you can see the end of the dashboard there is a panel which prises off and the fuses are there. You would have to check your handbook for the fuse no for the heated rear window so you know where to find it.

Resurrecting this thread as I finally got around to changing the fuse for the rear screen heater. Still no joy, which is a total ball-ache in this weather.

Seems strange for the whole thing to die - I would've thought individual 'lines' would fail one by one.

Anyone had this issue and managed to fix it?

I'd take a look at the electrical connections on the rear screen and see if they look corroded etc. Get the mutl-meter out and check for any voltage etc