key fob not working re sync help

gussyldr

Reaction score
i got my car with the fob not working but works with the key so ive changed the batteries and its still not working when i open the door with the key i get in an hear clicking coming from the pas side rear i think its the central locking pump then i start the engine an the pas door an boot unlock so does any one know how to re sync the fob to the car its a a3 1.8t (99 T reg)

Iv just had a look in my manual its not very specific. You have to press the lock or unlock button and then use the key in the door lock within a minute of doing this iv done it before and got it working again. And yes thats all it says in my manual lol.

autodata.jpg

Give that a shot fella
Sully

Last edited:
If he could read it guess he would :p

thanks for all the help i try the first reply every time i go out in my car with no luck and i can't try the second one as i only haave 1 key do you think if i get a key cut i could try the second one?

I had this problem with only one key i tried somewhere to get a second one cut and he said it would be £90 cos of the immobiliser or something basically so it could start the car. Try somewhere yourself cos he could have been wrong or trying to rip me off. Try my method again but press unlock then unlock the car with the key then press lock then lock the car with the key i couldnt get it to work the first time i had to percivere with it. The only other thing you could try is find someone with vag com cos i think you can get the key working with it.

Sully RB,
Thank you. You have just saved me £99 the stealer wanted to run a diagnostic on the system to find out why both my remotes didn't work.

Cheers,
Woody.