S3 No boost

Jacko4130

Goodie Gum Drops
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Had my S3 remapped 3 months ago, since then its been nothing but trouble, have had to replace turbo intake pipe, breather hose left of inlet manifold, breather hoses underside of inlet hose, mass air flow meter. Finally got it running at full boost last night after the inlet breather hoses got replaced.

Can to the car this morning and have no boost at all, turbo is not spooling, it was fine when it got parked up last night. Had a quick look while on route to work this morning but cant see any hoses leaking. Scanned the car and its come up with a DV fault.

Question, If the DV was ******** would that stop it boostng?

How do i tell if the N75 valve is working?

Car is a 225 BAM

Cheers Jacko

Its not putting up any codes apart from DV, First thing i did was scan it with a code reader. Can DV Failure cause no boost?

Turbo spins fine, has a little play in shaft but nothing major, would think its a vac hose or DV problem. So can anyone tell me if DV is dead would i suffer from no boost?

cheers

Why dont you take your dv off and check it. If you push the piston up and put your finger over the vacuum the piston should stay up, when you let go it should go down. This is what some one on here told me the other day. check thread 'Why forge 007p'. I checked mine and it when down half way so dont know if i have a leak or not?

Lol I love threads like this. I have an issue with my car and Google throws up all of these threads but no-one concludes lol.

Reactions: antwon
Yes . lovely, use the forum to search for threads that help... but when you find it to be something not covered....
Leave us all hanging

i got the same problem.. Got in my car earlier n no boost atall. switched my engine off. n back on now its fine :s??. Any ideas??

i got the same problem.. Got in my car earlier n no boost atall. switched my engine off. n back on now its fine :s??. Any ideas??

Your car has thrown a fault that's triggured soft limp mode, this puts the car down to 6psi of boost max. By turning off the car and on again it will clear the limp mode until the fault gets flagged again.

It will be difficult to determine what the problem is unless you get your car scanned with VCDS.

Ok thanx for that w3sty! So were do i get it scanned?? Is it just a diagnostic?? :s

Oh and i was told it could be the air flow metre... Is that pos?

Last edited: