EM TuningJMB Retrofits
    5th Gear

Status

creeking when going over speed bumps

hi every time i go over speed bumps i get a creeking nose at front
    350bhp & 316ftlb BBT new k16 7+7 blade hybrid turbo, Welly cooler, jetex filter, relentless ported v3 manifold 3" downpipe & de-cat, liquid gauge, r32 rear arb, AGU ported and polished Head, 550cc injectors, kw v2 Coilovers, s3dave tie bars & heat sheild, milltek cat back, I.E forged rods, brembos, inline fuel pump, v3 badger 5 tip, devils own WMI kit, AGU pistons, rear grooved discs & brembo pads, ds2500 pads & EBC ultimax disc, stack boost gauge

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    jack it up and see if the springs are in one piece, failing that id say lower suspension arm bushes

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    our cars are old, worn bushes and libnks are normal, so noises are expected really. as above, check everythin for play, replace and upgrade as need be.

my car is off the road soon for the following:
    cv boots
    inner driveshaft boots
    bottom ball joints
    front wishbone front bush
    front wishbone rear bush
    front top mounts
    anti roll bar bushes front and rear
    and possibly rear wishbone bushes.

all this to combat irregular noises, and to bring back some new car feel. failing all this, new suspension.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    our cars are old, worn bushes and libnks are normal, so noises are expected really. as above, check everythin for play, replace and upgrade as need be.

my car is off the road soon for the following:
    cv boots
    inner driveshaft boots
    bottom ball joints
    front wishbone front bush
    front wishbone rear bush
    front top mounts
    anti roll bar bushes front and rear
    and possibly rear wishbone bushes.

all this to combat irregular noises, and to bring back some new car feel. failing all this, new suspension.
    How much is that setting you back matey?
    MTM THE ULTIMATE STAGE!

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Sounds like the ARB Bushes that are gone mate, its a very common issue on our cars...

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FazS3 View Post
    How much is that setting you back matey?
    havn't added it up yet to be honest. i've done it quite cheap though. some stuff i've gone oem, for quality reasons, and things like front wishbone front mounts i've gone powerflex. some things, top mounts for example, arn't oem, but the quality is dam impressive, dont be scared to not get oem if im honest. obv some areas will benefit. when everything is delivered, and i've added other related parts il add it up. and it allll adds up!

i forgot to add transmission oil to my list, but that wasnt relavent to noises.

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Status
    i forgot to add transmission oil to my list, but that wasnt relavent to noises.
    It is when your gearbox sounds like a tired 2 year old after a whole days shopping! LOL
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobyra View Post
    It is when your gearbox sounds like a tired 2 year old after a whole days shopping! LOL
    ha thankfully mine doesnt

I'm not modding, I'm improving

Status
    Going down the same routes as you Karl, as I think we've mentioned before. So far had rear shocks, rear springs, front droplinks and front wishbones (new unit, so all bushes and ball joints).

To come next month, front shocks and springs, top mounts and rear droplinks.

K1 Driver

Status

My Social Networking

Visit DJ_Troopa's Instagram Channel
    Mine does the same. When i had my coilys fitted my mechanic told me my wishbone bushes had gone.
    Inferi Black Cupra K1

Click here for more Troo-Pics!

Defo worth the wait :)

Status
    Apparently they have a sleeve in them, which is a tiny bit of plastic, and once that goes thats what causes the noise.....i think

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JD09 View Post
    Going down the same routes as you Karl, as I think we've mentioned before. So far had rear shocks, rear springs, front droplinks and front wishbones (new unit, so all bushes and ball joints).

To come next month, front shocks and springs, top mounts and rear droplinks.
    well my first port of call is the bushes and the likes, alot cheaper than forking out for shocks and springs straight away. plus when im replacing them il give the shocks a good checking over to see how they are, whether they need replacing, i do have my suspisions though. but with all bushes, top mounts and maybe drop links now you've mentioned it, its gonna be such an improvement. something everyone should consider!!!

6th Gear

Status
    mines all getting fitted next week!
    Alex S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8s, H&R Springs, Neuspeed ARBs, Genuine 18" BBS LMs & LCR Brembos

I'm not modding, I'm improving

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    well my first port of call is the bushes and the likes, alot cheaper than forking out for shocks and springs straight away. plus when im replacing them il give the shocks a good checking over to see how they are, whether they need replacing, i do have my suspisions though. but with all bushes, top mounts and maybe drop links now you've mentioned it, its gonna be such an improvement. something everyone should consider!!!
    I had two leaking rear shocks, breaking springs and I've already had a front go on me. So I'm guessing that's them telling me to replace