creeking when going over speed bumps

s3gazz

Reaction score
hi every time i go over speed bumps i get a creeking nose at front

jack it up and see if the springs are in one piece, failing that id say lower suspension arm bushes

our cars are old, worn bushes and libnks are normal, so noises are expected really. as above, check everythin for play, replace and upgrade as need be.

my car is off the road soon for the following:
cv boots
inner driveshaft boots
bottom ball joints
front wishbone front bush
front wishbone rear bush
front top mounts
anti roll bar bushes front and rear
and possibly rear wishbone bushes.

all this to combat irregular noises, and to bring back some new car feel. failing all this, new suspension.

our cars are old, worn bushes and libnks are normal, so noises are expected really. as above, check everythin for play, replace and upgrade as need be.

my car is off the road soon for the following:
cv boots
inner driveshaft boots
bottom ball joints
front wishbone front bush
front wishbone rear bush
front top mounts
anti roll bar bushes front and rear
and possibly rear wishbone bushes.

all this to combat irregular noises, and to bring back some new car feel. failing all this, new suspension.

How much is that setting you back matey?

Sounds like the ARB Bushes that are gone mate, its a very common issue on our cars...

How much is that setting you back matey?

havn't added it up yet to be honest. i've done it quite cheap though. some stuff i've gone oem, for quality reasons, and things like front wishbone front mounts i've gone powerflex. some things, top mounts for example, arn't oem, but the quality is dam impressive, dont be scared to not get oem if im honest. obv some areas will benefit. when everything is delivered, and i've added other related parts il add it up. and it allll adds up!

i forgot to add transmission oil to my list, but that wasnt relavent to noises.

i forgot to add transmission oil to my list, but that wasnt relavent to noises.

It is when your gearbox sounds like a tired 2 year old after a whole days shopping! LOL

Going down the same routes as you Karl, as I think we've mentioned before. So far had rear shocks, rear springs, front droplinks and front wishbones (new unit, so all bushes and ball joints).

To come next month, front shocks and springs, top mounts and rear droplinks.

Apparently they have a sleeve in them, which is a tiny bit of plastic, and once that goes thats what causes the noise.....i think

Going down the same routes as you Karl, as I think we've mentioned before. So far had rear shocks, rear springs, front droplinks and front wishbones (new unit, so all bushes and ball joints).

To come next month, front shocks and springs, top mounts and rear droplinks.

well my first port of call is the bushes and the likes, alot cheaper than forking out for shocks and springs straight away. plus when im replacing them il give the shocks a good checking over to see how they are, whether they need replacing, i do have my suspisions though. but with all bushes, top mounts and maybe drop links now you've mentioned it, its gonna be such an improvement. something everyone should consider!!!

well my first port of call is the bushes and the likes, alot cheaper than forking out for shocks and springs straight away. plus when im replacing them il give the shocks a good checking over to see how they are, whether they need replacing, i do have my suspisions though. but with all bushes, top mounts and maybe drop links now you've mentioned it, its gonna be such an improvement. something everyone should consider!!!

I had two leaking rear shocks, breaking springs and I've already had a front go on me. So I'm guessing that's them telling me to replace ;)