A3 quattro - Downpipe question

b1gdave83

Reaction score
Some of you guys already know this, but there isn't a very cheap solution for a high flow downpipe & CAT for the 1.8TQ. The only one on the market I could find was milltek, but I believe they have stopped making it now anyway (and it was over £800)

I came to the conclustion that the MK1 180Bhp TT quattro would be identical. After a little bit of research I believe I'm correct :)

I have come across this one from the US -
42 Draft Designs. The bloke has offered me a better price than on the web.

However I know this was designed for LHD drive car, has anybody here ordered one and had it fitted to RHD A3 quattro? I have a horrible feeling it will hit the steering column. I emailed him and asked about it, but unfortunately they have never tried fitting it to RHD drive car. He did say they have sold a few to the UK and no-one has ever said it doesn't fit.... But that doesn't mean it does

I've tried seeing a few companies about a custom job, but they either want silly money, or not interested like 'longlife'

I've got this problem at the moment. There doesn't seem to be much around for the non 210/225 quattro.
I decided to bite the bullet and get a K04 setup so I can use an S3 downpipe. Might be a bit of a ball ache changing everything needed for the K04 but it leaves options for the future.

im in the same position, my downpipe has started blowing on my tqs and i dont know what to do because i dont want it replaced with a standard one! what price has he given you all in? is he willing to consider a group buy? wonder how we can find out if it fits or not!!!

Yep it's a right pain in the butt, I didn't want to go down that route.

If you are going to do that get the hybrid K04 and some new rods. You should be able to go over 300BHP

im in the same position, my downpipe has started blowing on my tqs and i dont know what to do because i dont want it replaced with a standard one! what price has he given you all in? is he willing to consider a group buy? wonder how we can find out if it fits or not!!!

[FONT=&quot]$579.22[/FONT] including VAT and postage.

I could email and see if he would send one and do a full refund if it doesn't fit, or carry out some minor modding if required.
He might be interested if a possible group buy is in the pipe line.

I asked he question again about fitment. Reply below:

I am pretty confident it will fit as our 225 downpipe fits both LHD/RHD vehicles, the only difference in between the 180Q and 225 is exhaust manifold, turbo etc, nothing to do with the PS rack so you should be good to go. The only reason I said I am not 100% certain is that we have not seen pictures of them installed on a RHD 180Q.

If it does not fit we could refund you for the cost of the item, shipping overseas is very expensive and we are not able to eat these shipping costs for vehicles we do not have access to.

Maybe I should just bite the bullet and go for it.

I also asked about prices for a group buy.

Group buy question answered: please see below

We are currently running a 10% off sale on our downpipes which ends on Saturday. We normally don’t past that on our exhaust items however if you would like to organize a group buy I could offer you that 10% past the current sale date.

I'm probably just going to go for it, and let you know how i get on.