PIANO TRIM FLAP ABOVE ASHTRAY

pazaz

Reaction score
This started opening on its own when going over large bumps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Now its started opening on its own without any bumps and is happening all the f/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gifing time!

Anybods experianced this and any top tips to rectify the problem.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif in advance.

Open the flap, Take a small plain screwdriver and push on the two clips at the top of the cubby hole and pull it should come out then see if there is anything misplaced, failing that superglue the thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Taffy said:

I had to recently tell the Mrs, I had the Revo remap done on the warranty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Dont quite know how I pulled that one off, but she thought it was really good having it done for nothing/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you just love women? Poor little things /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just tried to get this piano trim flap out and failed miserably. It looks like the whole velvet lined box and flap comes out in one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anybody any ideas of how to tackle this one without distroying it cause my hangover is kicking in and my patience are wearing thin /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

Sorted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gifI was about to get the hammer out

Many Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

OK troops!! Ive since had time to have a closer look and its Knackered /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

There is a little arm about 20mm long that is detachable and is obviously worn and when open doesnt hold the flap open properly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Will I have to buy a new complete box? and where can I get a good deal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Andy bS3 said:
I know how you feel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy,

Where are you getting these diagrams from? Would love a copy of whatever it is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cheers,
Adam

[ QUOTE ]
monty77 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Andy bS3 said:
I know how you feel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy,

Where are you getting these diagrams from? Would love a copy of whatever it is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cheers,
Adam

[/ QUOTE ]

It's Elsawin Adam, the electronic workshop manual used in VAG dealerships. Regretfully I've gave a copy to a couple of users and they can't get it working and I can't get it to work on my laptop so there's no point until I remember how I got the thing to work on my pc

[ QUOTE ]
Taffy said:
OK troops!! Ive since had time to have a closer look and its Knackered /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

There is a little arm about 20mm long that is detachable and is obviously worn and when open doesnt hold the flap open properly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif.

Will I have to buy a new complete box? and where can I get a good deal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you find out about a replacement? Mine is doing the same...

Cheers,
Adam

I managed to take the whole thing out as illustrated earlier in this thread and wedge a thin piece of card inbetween the arm on the mechanism side.

By doing this it pushes a small pin further into the worn plastic grooves,

This has done the trick and now holds the flap firmly closed, and when pressed, opened perfectly.

No need to purchase a new one now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif <font color="blue"> </font>

[ QUOTE ]
I managed to take the whole thing out as illustrated earlier in this thread and wedge a thin piece of card inbetween the arm on the mechanism side.

By doing this it pushes a small pin further into the worn plastic grooves,

This has done the trick and now holds the flap firmly closed, and when pressed, opened perfectly.

No need to purchase a new one now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif <font color="blue"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you let me know when you find out how much one is - need one too...

Ta,
Adam