Help ?? My s3 is running like a bag of s**t !!

motfree

Reaction score
right my s3 has been running awful - bad on idle , had to start , really slugish upto boost then over boosting ( 28psi ) ...
Basically had it pluged in and has come back with 2 faults
1 - mass airflow sensor
2 - cam shaft sensor

Today I replaced the mass airflow but it's still slugish upto boost and when I say slugish I mean like there's nothing there at all !! Would this be due to the cam sensor ? As I though that it would idle poor and cause trouble starting but no to cause a 290 bhp s3 to drive like a 50 cc moped :-0

help please haha

28psi!? Better be careful and don't cause it to overboost by putting your foot down. Change the camshaft sensor and see what happens.

I know don't have to tonight :-( been told it's abit of a pain .. Starting to annoy me now though

Fmic , full system Inc decat , bigger injectors , uprated fuel pump , live re map .. That's what I know of anyways .. Was actually rolling roaded at 299 bhp :)

What are the exact faults? cam sensor means nothing... could be a faulty sensor or the fault is due to something else such as cam belt not timed properly etc....

290bhp is unlikely unless its a hybrid K04... bigger turbos tend to leap you into early to mid 300's...

All this is meaningless without logs... need to log with VAGCOM to be able to even start diagnosing properly rather than just change everything...

If you are hitting 28psi I would pull the connector off the N75 until you get a chance to diag properly else you stand a very good chance of throwing a rod if yours haven't been upgraded...

<tuffty/>

I cant understand how your not going into limp at a spike of 28 psi.....or are you? (50cc moped quote)
Like said be very careful @28psi as you are in bananna rod territory if not forged

No not going into limp .. basically was pluged in and was told it's hitting 28psi so at that point the n75 was unpluged .. Since then I've had it pluged in again - previously had 12 faults ... This time only 2 came back after being cleared these were -
1 - mass airflow sensor
2 - cam possition sensor
it's also got a stupidly hudge dump valve on ( which I'm changing for a recirculating valve ) aparently this won't help ..

Was done 20k ago 2 years ago .. What price are they ? And what's the best one to go for ?

Bought it with a blown turbo .. As far as I was concerned was just the turbo .. But to be fair only owes me £2200 so even if it costs me £700 to sort I've done ok I guess just annoying that I can't drive it at the moment and different garages say different things :-( .. Had a lot of money spent on it too so ..

Well runs better but doesn't if you get me like it boosts now etc but is still slugish upto boost .. Been told that will be due to a sensor .. I fitted the new 1 with my mate who's a mechanic and it's a k04

Yer if that fails I think I'll give up haha are those Vagcom things any good ? Or better to take to a garage instead of using my laptop ?

Just fitted cam shaft sensor and guess what no change .. Can anyone help or know any good garages that are actually correct when they charge you a bomb to diagnose a problem in merseyside area ?

No codes are there just pluged it into a mac tools diagnostic .. What you mean that member will help me fix it ?