Volks AutosChris Nott
    6th Gear

Status

Is there a "how too" for removing the front door cards on an 8L S3?

I need to get to the front speakers in my car and im terified of breaking clips and damaging the door card...
    Anybody know the easy and safest way??
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Alex

Status
    Its really simple to get the door card off. There's two small screws, one either end at the top. Then under the handle there's another screw holding a plastic cover on which then slides out uncovering two main screws that hold the card on. Then it just lifts up and off.
    Haven't done it for a while but I'm pretty sure that's everything.
    1999 APY S3 Imola Yellow

PS3: Broady_11

6th Gear

Status
    Yep that's it. As lemon said.
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

6th gear!

Status
    Yeah exactly that. Done it last night to replace my door lock.
    S3 8L BAM - Where have you been all my life!!

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemon S3 View Post
    Its really simple to get the door card off. There's two small screws, one either end at the top. Then under the handle there's another screw holding a plastic cover on which then slides out uncovering two main screws that hold the card on. Then it just lifts up and off.
    Haven't done it for a while but I'm pretty sure that's everything.
    This, then you have to undo a few electrical connectors and the cable for the open handle to completely remove from the door. Fiddly the first time, then piece of cake everytime afterwoods.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

1st Gear

Status
    If you need to remove the connectors you can unclip them off the mounting point on the doorcard before unplugging them. Makes it a damn sight easier to unplug them as they are tricky enough. You will also need to peel back the sound deadening material to get to the speaker.

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Status
    Follow all of the above and make sure of this too:

When putting everything back together you may find it beneficial to have someone else help put the door card back on. Replace all the connectors first and then move the door card nearer to the door. MAKE SURE YOU REPLACE THE RUBBER/FOAM/POLYSTYRENE THINGS at both ends of the door (you'll see what I mean when you take the door card off) as well as clipping the DOOR HANDLE PULL CABLE back into it's clip otherwise you will have some really annoying rattles when you drive off down the road!
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

1st Gear

Status
    Danielle's car 2.jpg

Hi, my friend and I followed the instructions up to 'uncovering two main screws that hold the card on. Then it just lifts up and off.'. We could not find the two main screws, I have shown a picture of what we saw. Please can someone explain where they are?

6th Gear

Status
    IIRC the late AndyMac did a real good right up on this doorcard removal. Worth searching his posts or looking in the how to guides. I have the pdf he sent me somewhere if it cant be found.
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

1st Gear

Status
    Hi,
    Thanks so much for that. I have looked his posts up (he seemed great) but cant find that one? Please could you post the pdf if you get time?

Neutral

Status
    U need to be under the part you just removed

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by MexxT View Post
    U need to be under the part you just removed
    Apolgies for being stupid but please could someone clarify what this means and where me and my friend went wrong?

1st Gear

Status
    Hi,
    Please could I ask if anyone can point me towards Andy Mac's pdf for taking the door card off?

1st Gear

Status
    Hey Buel-

I did this at the weekend- looks like you have a setup like a 5 door which is odd for an S3?!

you pull vertically up and out these two black plastic wedges at the top of the door cards at either end just at glass level in the sides of the door (i.e. the parts you can't see when the door is shut). with these out- remove the Phillips head grub screws from either end.

Then, on the three-door there should have been a couple of screws behind the handle as you have removed; if not- then grab the remaining handle and pull firmly UP!

that should have it.