Car will not start, help please

IOM-S3

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Strange one, started my 2001 amk s3 this morning, started fine with no problems. Drove it up to my mums house turned it off, came back to it and it fires but then just dies and will not hold revs?

any ideas at all?

Fuel pump primes

cheers

check the connector to the air filter.... sometimes its got to do with air n the fuel not enough air going through i had the same problem with my previous car

Need more info bud, i take it when it doesn't hold revs it is misfiring? When it fires up how long does it run for?

Thanks for the replys guys, this is a real; weird one. Basically it was showing on vag com that the immobilizer was armed, hence why it would not start.

The only thing i did was put the oil sensor plug back on that had come off. So i thought i would take it off again, cleared the codes, Starts perfect????

Is it maybe the wiring in the oil sensor plug shorting something out?

When i had it plugged in, every time i would start it it blew the 5A dash board fuse so i couldnt see anything?

any help would be great

shud be the fuel pump when i had a similar problem with my 8l the AA man trailed the car behind his aa van and took it up hill down hill and waved it around then it started working, i did so many things to start the car,jump leads, batterie change but no luck and everytime i disc the battery the dash lights wont work no idea but every time that happened i had to do about 15miles without stopping so the dash lights would start to work

s3 dave, no i havent unfortunately, when the plug is of the wire is so stretched, like really tight. Has anyone else had a problem with the plug being pulled off?

im guessing its when the engine rocks that its happening,

Thanks guys