Sky InsuranceVolks Autos
    2nd Gear

Status

Egr removal for cleaning - accessing back bolt

Hi all

I need to remove my egr valve on my 56 2.0 tdi 170 to clean it, I can see that it is bolted on to the manifold with 2 T27 bolts and the pipe that must let in exhaust fumes is held on by 2 T50 bolts. But even after undoing the 2 larger bolts the pipe still blocks 1 of the rear bolts. How do I move the pipe out of the way to get access without damaging it?

Thanks for any advice.

2. # ADS
    ADS

BMW aye right dead on..

Status
    on my a4 i took the manifold off with the egr still attached and cleaned both of them..
    2002 1.9 tdi 130ish brake a4. full reiger body kit, 19 inch rs6 avant rims, eibach springs, home made grill, full leather interior, centre arm rest, quad powerflow exausts, a few engine mods, chrome door mirrors, aero wipers, s line door blades.

2nd Gear

Status
    Is it much more difficult to remove the manifold?

4th Gear

Status
    I would remove the inlet mani all togther if you can as the mess stays all inside. if you check uk-mkvis site I think some people can help you there. if you see the TB cloged up then it's likely the mani is as well.
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

BMW aye right dead on..

Status
    its a gift to remove the manifold.
    2002 1.9 tdi 130ish brake a4. full reiger body kit, 19 inch rs6 avant rims, eibach springs, home made grill, full leather interior, centre arm rest, quad powerflow exausts, a few engine mods, chrome door mirrors, aero wipers, s line door blades.