NANKANG TYRES

I had them when I got my car, didn't think they were too bad at first, but the difference when I got new tyres was amazing!

Depends how good a deal it is really, but I would personally pay extra for tyres

I think they are made by Yokohama.. I've heard some good reports on them.

Haven't tried them though!
Rich.

there ok had them on the Mrs bm for everyday driving etc there fine just if you drive hard its worth having better tyres.

deal is £300 with mint avus wheels

could sell my old ones for £200 thus spending £100 on new nankang and mint wheels

think its worth it????

Sounds like a good deal to me!
And I'm sure if you really wanted you could get through those tyres quickly if you didn't like them! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I thought you didn't have your car yet mate? Are your wheels that bad?

car is coming on thursday. but it will need new fronts soon and if these nankang are any good it would be worth the money

my wheels arent that bad to be honest.. maybe i'll leave it and just save up for some 18" rs replicas and get toyo tyres?

Nankang are a BUDGET tyre, you wont get the mileage or road holding that you would get from a PREMIUM tyre. I would spend the extra on tyres! they are your only point of contact with the road.

Got a set with my RS4 reps, done a few thousand miles since, no real sign of wear yet so pretty good for the money.
But you only get what you pay for I guess!

Cheers
Chris.

[ QUOTE ]
jedi-knight83 said:
ok ok

quality rubber as in michelin or are toyo ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

both I consider quality...
but, I'd rather have the Toyos...T1-S or T1-R...both excellent...and not much more expensive than cheap crap...much better to spend the extra £50 or so per tyre and get the rubber that's known to work....

I had Vredesteins ultracs fitted to my Avus alloys and they were £380 for 4 225/45/R17s.

Far better than the previous Pirellis and I'm very pleased with them. Cool Giugiaro-designed tread pattern too...

I would wager Nankangs are...umm...well it rhymes with the first half of "Nankangs". Cheap tyres are a BIG no-no.

[ QUOTE ]
jedi-knight83 said:
thanks, whats the difference between the T1-s and the T1-r

i had T1-s on my old crx and they were pretty good to be honest

[/ QUOTE ]

New tread pattern, claimed to be better in standing water. Stiffer sidewalls and (I think) a new compund.

Ess_Three runs them on his golf and they are reportedly very good indeed.

My friend has a set on his EVO 4, and they work well on that car too. I think it's hard to go wrong with them, and reports are that they are at least a modest improvement on the T1-S (although the tread pattern is, IMO, not as eyecatching)

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:I wasn't aware there was any correlation between tread pattern aesthetics and actual performance...
I fear you have been seduced by the darkside, Dr Rooke.
Have you been corrupted by the King of Bling?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the contrary. I was merely expressing a view to allow a rounded opinion of the tyres so that both the "drivers" and the "posers" can make a sensible choice.

I don't give a stuff about the tread patter, so long as I can chalk the sidewalls...

The F1s are definately sitting on a higher rung on the bling ladder and they have good reviews, but I have never tried them, so I went for the Toyos..

I'm still on factory Michelin Pilot sports 225/40/18 18K miles 4mm tread still left all round! and they out grip the Toyo T1-s i had on my Civic Type-R!

Or maybe its the 4WD in my S3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah im on pilot sports on my corrado at the momment..they are a fantastic tyre.

Does the S3 wear all 4 tyres at the same rate?? as opposed to a Fwd car??

Yes it seems to! I love turning the ESP off and lighting up all four wheels briefly from standing starts! try it @ about 3k revs! pull away in spool up, make sure you have a female passenger too! i gaurentee she'll puke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

I spotted Toyo on Glens GTI at the RR day the other week, so when in came to buying tyres on Monday these were deffinately on the short list.

Just bought 4off 235BLING x 35BLING x 19BLINGBLING at £124.00+VAT which wasn't bad for a tyre that performs as well as it appears to.

Only think is I was told that they dont last too long.

Good job I have my trusty GT TDI130 to do the weekday donky work!

[ QUOTE ]
David R said:
Stevie, see my avatar re new tyres...

Boost sorted now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nop. How the hell do you get the hose off the hard pipe to I get a look at it??

Avatar? Where abouts or am I missunderstanding Doc?

[ QUOTE ]
Stevie S3 said:
Nop. How the hell do you get the hose off the hard pipe to I get a look at it??

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's anything like mine using brute force and lashings of ignorance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Stevie S3 said:
Avatar? Where abouts or am I missunderstanding Doc?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bling avatar, beneath my name, to the left of this post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Stevie S3 said: Is that what u spent your christmas bonus on? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Christmas bonus?? In the NHS?? What's that then?

Hmmm,

sounds like Blok'N'Mesh UK!

Well happy with the Toyo's anyways.

Wish I could find where the leak is in the boost pipes. Not overly sure if it is the pipe jim seemed to think it was.

Short of strapping my self to the bonnet and asking the Mrs to take me a whirl I'm not too sure how I'm going to go about finding it! Well with out lavishing another £50 for a RR at Mr Curleys joint not to mention £25 on petrol and thats before fixing the ****** thing!

Tight? Me? Never! Just the wrong time of the year! Honest!

[ QUOTE ]
Stevie S3 said:
Hmmm,

sounds like Blok'N'Mesh UK!

Well happy with the Toyo's anyways.

Wish I could find where the leak is in the boost pipes. Not overly sure if it is the pipe jim seemed to think it was.

Short of strapping my self to the bonnet and asking the Mrs to take me a whirl I'm not too sure how I'm going to go about finding it! Well with out lavishing another £50 for a RR at Mr Curleys joint not to mention £25 on petrol and thats before fixing the ****** thing!

Tight? Me? Never! Just the wrong time of the year! Honest!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont bother... just get a samco hose set and be done with it!

[ QUOTE ]
Stevie S3 said:
Nice one Rich. Thanks for the help.

Would I not need to put the turbo under load to hear the leak? i.e. ride the clutch?

To hear a leak, yes. But if you can remove the pipes and check them over, then you should still be able to find the offending pipe.

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

i had nankangs on my tdi and they were pants didn't last very long and the handling was shocking. got the new yokohamas on now they are amazing would be better off spending a little more and getting good tyres.

I know someone who uses Nankangs and likes them, in fact he will use nothing else to hang over the side of his BOAT! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif