Juddering on acceleration

Banjonez

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So last night I drove 70 miles to Bristol Airport to pick up the girlfriend, everything was fine on the way there (except the middle lane hogs on the motorway!) Stopped at the drop off point, went in collected the gf, got back in the car, back onto the main road which is when the problems started. Upon acceleration the car seems like it is misfiring, the engine light was flashing on also. I'm guessing that this would be the coil pack? Just posting so that somebody could confirm that it is, or maybe figure out it's something more sinister? If it is the coil pack, how much am I looking at?

Thanks

Ben

most likely coilpack.

what engine do u have? if its an AGU its more likely to be the ignition module

Erm not sure of what engine it is, it's the 210bhp if that's any help, 51 plate. I'll find out when I get home

It will be the AMK engine and it could be the coilpack, did the engine management light come on?

See if you can get the car scanned,that shold tell you straightaway.

definately sounds like coilpack. When its warm push them all firmly down as they some times have a tendancy of popping back up if they have been removed for any reason.

Coil pack, most def, to check remove the engine cover and shove the hoses out of the way, turn on the engine, one by one start removing the connection at the back of each coil pack (only for a few sec) and reconnect it if there is no change in removing one then thats likely to be the faulty one. however if the engine gets worst then thats a working coil pack.

Last edited:
Just had a quick look at the coil packs on my lunch break, starting from left to right, the first 2 seem to be fine, the second 2 are covered by some hosing and a box that is bolted on, so I will have to look at those 2 when I finish work. Also I was just wondering how do I remove the faulty coilpack? from the quick glance just now I can't seem to find any way of removing them? cheers

Hi Banjonez-

you just pull 'em out!

There is actually a removal tool but it's just a "puller"- you can do it by hand...

JimP