S3 Injectors

Austineer

King of cabs ;)
Reaction score
Guys,

I recently bought a set of S3 injectors for my A4 1.8TQS to go with my K04 turbo upgrade mod with the intention of getting my remap done with the bigger injectors fitted. I was told that the S3 injectors are physicaly a straight swap with my existing ones but that seems not to be the case. I have noticed the following:-

a) The S3 injectors have the same diameter at the top and bottom as mine with the same rubber 'O' ring seal therefore will fit into both my inlet manifold & fuel rail

b) The electrical connector is the same for both

c) The central body of the S3 injector is thinner but has 4 metered holes in bottom compared to only 2 in mine

d) The S3 injectors are 3/4 inch shorter in length than mine and thefore when fitted into the inlet manifold it will not reach the fuel rail i.e. too short

So can anybody comment on the S3 injectors in relation to what I have explained and hopefully this will give me a better idea that the ones I bought were the S3 injectors. I actually bought them off motor factors and not audi as they were cheaper of which I believe that they were supplied from somewhere in germany.

Also anybody know whether the S3 injectors can be swapped straight into the A4? Is there a different fuel rail for the S3 compared to the A4? Will I need to change the fuel rail to match the injectors for my car and is the any other implications? i.e. FPR? Any information would be appreciated guys as I dont think I will be able to get my money back if they are the right S3 injectors as they say its my fault for ordering the wrong item and they delivered the right part for the agreed price. Comments would be greatly appreciated guys.