Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    gez
    S3 hunter

Status

Exhaust gas temp sensor

Hi peeps. Got a code come up on my 2002 BAM S3 for the exhaust gas temp sensor. Any one know where its located? I cant see it anywhere and tps sent me a picture and it looks like its in the turbo and has a pipe leading to a black box held on by 2 bolts. Any ideas guys? Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Hi,
    The sensor is screwed into the exhaust housing of the turbo ( righthand side of the turbo )
    The pipe you mention is actualy a wire that goes around the engine block to the control box which sits under the plastic cover that sits around the dipstick tube.
    Hope this helps.
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

gez
    S3 hunter

Status
    Nice one matey, found it. it has a wire covered in silver braiding which loops all the way round to the turbo.
    TPS want 157 plus vat! anyone know who/where may do them cheaper? or even second hand?

6th Gear

Status
    I dont think anywhere does new ones cheaper to be honest.
    Check on ebay for people breaking cars.
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gez View Post
    Nice one matey, found it. it has a wire covered in silver braiding which loops all the way round to the turbo.
    TPS want 157 plus vat! anyone know who/where may do them cheaper? or even second hand?
    Sadly this is the price of them... I tried to get one myself and no one can discount them as they are making very little if anything at that price....

I managed to find one on ebay.de but still cost me 50....

What was the code exactly?

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...