My Big Brembo Dilemma :( Here's the stress...

Seeing as it hasn't been mentioned I'll throw the spanner in the works, are these definately the right pads for those Brembo calipers?

As far as i'm aware yes. The guy i bought them from didn't say anything about the pads. The person he bought them off had a part number for the pads but he doesn't have contact with him anymore so there's that one outta the window.

I see, dont know if this site will help at all??
Zeckhausen Racing

Cheers Dave. They look like the Brembo GT1/F40/F50. I typed that in on Google Images and a picture of a pad comes up with dimensions the same as the pad i have here. Hmmmm.

Really need to track down what the caliper is, that way if you need a new seal etc you know what to get and the bonus is you'll know what pads to get.
If you track down the pad there is a chance there for a different caliper and you're back at square one!
Definately no stamping on the caliper to indicate what part number they are?

P.S see you've been bugging the Alfa boys ;)

Really need to track down what the caliper is, that way if you need a new seal etc you know what to get and the bonus is you'll know what pads to get.
If you track down the pad there is a chance there for a different caliper and you're back at square one!
Definately no stamping on the caliper to indicate what part number they are?

P.S see you've been bugging the Alfa boys ;)

Well hopefully the caliper i have is the same used on various other cars which would be fine as they would all accept the same pad. Just like the pad i mentioned earlier which is used on Ferrari, Lambo, Jaguar etc...

lol damn right i've been bugging them! They're very helpful too but we're all getting very confused at the same time lol.

Thanks for the help thorsy. I've had a look at that pad and it doesn't match the shape of my one. The top of my pad is flat where as the one you're showing has a bump in the middle.

In the last pic on the bottom on the left hand side of the caliper (just to the right of the mounting hole?) appears to be a number or writing, you tried googling it? Can't make out what it says from the pic unfortunately.

Trying to find a pic of a 159 caliper to compare it to your's just incase it's the wrong pad and we're all barking up the wrong tree.

Why is nothing ever simple when it comes to Audi's? Even when it comes to aftermarket parts! lol

Thanks for the help thorsy. I've had a look at that pad and it doesn't match the shape of my one. The top of my pad is flat where as the one you're showing has a bump in the middle.

Hey your welcome, (bored at work, just don't tell my boss!) :undwech:

Why is nothing ever simple when it comes to Audi's? Even when it comes to aftermarket parts! lol

It's only complex because your fitting a part onto your Audi that you have no knowledge of. Not ranting at you of course, but this is an Audi forum, and the OP is asking for information for a part links to Alpha's, I think we're doing ok about it to be honest.

It's only complex because your fitting a part onto your Audi that you have no knowledge of. Not ranting at you of course, but this is an Audi forum, and the OP is asking for information for a part links to Alpha's, I think we're doing ok about it to be honest.

I'm impressed with how it's going both here and the knowledge and help Troopa was getting from the Alfa boys, just goes to show the community spirit regardless of what badge is on your car, lol.

Just saying that no matter what we do with our Audi's it always seems to be more difficult than it needs to be.

Alfa Romeo forum: Pascs: Ferrari 360 Brembo Calipers

They look a bit smaller than the front ones on my 159, which has 330mm discs, the pistons on mine are 4 x 42mm, so maybe its a bigger caliper.

That said. the only just clear the inside of the 19 inch rims.

Second to last post on first page from link above, only refernce I can find to brembos with 4 x 42mm pistons so far. Most brembos I can find seem to be 2 piece, not monoblock which yours appear to be!

So far it looks like the pads which are for mine are the DP31110C in the EBC range. Still awaiting a reply from Bill to see what his contacts say about it.

Well Troopa, when you get round to fitting them, some of us would like a 'how to' with some pics, this is quite interesting to be fair, and looking at the size of the pads, it should provide huge stopping power.

pads identified.
FCP1334H DS2500 as shown below:-
FCP1334
131,8x62x16 mm
ALSO AVAILABLE
SHAPE
TH. MM
NOTE
FRP3067

FRONT / REAR

FMSI: D1001
WVA: 23 092 16,00

We can get these and they cost £177.71 + VAT per set list.

regards
bill

buy micky mouse calipers cos they're "cheap" you get unwanted surprises it seems

for "pads" yes.. that is the rrp on the ds2500 pad

owch!

buy micky mouse calipers cos they're "cheap" you get unwanted surprises it seems

for "pads" yes.. that is the rrp on the ds2500 pad

owch!

Well Bill, looking at the size of the pads, and the area they sweep, they should stop well, but I have a feeling the standard S3 brake Master Cylinder is going to have it's work cut out, so would be interesting to hear what the brake pedal is like....

a pair of 42mm pistons is roughly equal to one 59mm piston

Stock A3 calipers are 54mm, so you'll end up with a slightly longer but more powerful pedal.

Also usefully, heres a list of applications for that pad:

Ferodo Racing

Interestingly the same pads as Evo's and Touaregs amongst others.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Bill! Really appreciate that! I thought it was going to be those ones as i mentioned before when i found them in the EBC range. But the pad number you've given has a bump in the top middle of the pad but mine is flat? Aren't they different to mine then?

Thanks

Jay

No worries Bill, thanks for all your help. Seeing as they're so damn expensive i might just run the EBC's because i can't pay that much money for pads right now. At least i know what i need next...... s**t lol.

Just wanted to say thank you to those who helped me out in this. Bill, i look forward to meeting you and the others on the dyno day! The car is getting booked in for Thursday coming so we will see what happens!

Thanks again people :)

Jay

Booked in for what Troopa? You're not going to pay someone to fit the brakes are you?

lol damn right i am Prawn. I'm not practical when it comes to things like this and i have a couple other things to be done at the same time. My mechanic is a friend of mine who works on my car everytime, he even done the bottom end rebuild when the pothole ***** happened! I trust him 100% with my car tbh.