Airbag light help

RIZ K

Reaction score
Hi i am new to this forum and i have just bought myself a 1998 audi a3 1.8 sport, i bought the car with the airbag light on now from reading around i have gathered it could just be a lose connection under the seat i have looked under the seat but cannot spot any connectors can anyone point me in the right direction and tell me where the plug is located under the passenger side seat.

Hi Riz, welcome to the forum.

The airbag light can be caused by a number of things - you are better off scanning the car with VCDS to find out exactly which airbag is causing this. See link in mi sig for details of a forum member with VCDS near you.

Hi mate thanks for replying i forgot to mention i have had it checked and it brought up the code for airbag igniter passenger side

yeah can be a dodgy connection quite often apparently. But could be the ignitor itself. I have the same fault myself and have had for a few months. Im getting really conscious of it now so considering to get it professionally looked at, faulty airbags isnt such a good idea.

Right had the seat out today and i found no connectors under the seat which i was really surprised about, now im beginning to think the airbag has gone does anyone know how to remove the passenger airbag is it just bolted up behind the glovebox?