AH FabricationsVolks Autos
    S3X

Status

Can-Bus sidelight bulbs 501 W5W LED

Will these work as my sidelights on the S3? LED Sidelight 501 w5w LED bulbs for Can-Bus systems. High power 6000k

"Super Bright bulb for cars with sidelight bulb warning and Canbus systems"

Dont want to waste my money so thought I would ask here first
    52 plate S3 / Ming Blue / 60K / Celtic Tuning Re-Map, Allegedly 278 Bhp-256 lb/ft (not proven/no chance)

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3X

Status
    BUMP, anyone please?
    52 plate S3 / Ming Blue / 60K / Celtic Tuning Re-Map, Allegedly 278 Bhp-256 lb/ft (not proven/no chance)

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    i thought all 501's were the same?

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

S3X

Status
    Was just worried about the " for cars with sidelight bulb warning and Canbus systems" I dont know what a canbus system is?!!

Anyway ordered a set so I will let you know if any good :o)

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    canbus is self communication to the ECU like automatic fault finding i think. So the warning is regarding the bulb, is probably if it stops working. Almost seems pointless of them to say that though

Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.

6th Gear

Status
    i think.... the canbus stops the ecu throwing up a dud bulb warning. Because the LEDs are a lower power bulb, without the CANBUS the ECU would think that you have a blown bulb and would throw up the fault even tho the bulb is working fine...

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    that makes more sense!

Wana go Low gotta go Slow

Status
    I'm don't think 8Ls even have CANBUS interfaced to the Sidelights. I thought its for the new 8P, B7 and B8s etc with their much more fancy lights and CAN Gateway. Vagcom Group 19 is not available on 8Ls.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I just bought 20 worth of 501 Led sidelights with Canbus and guess what, they don't work, comes up bulb failure. Mine is 06 plate, recommend any that will work?

These are the ones I purchased, apparently they should work on my car with the bulb warning system...
    501 LED Super Bright White Canbus: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home