Boot wont shut

Rob_B

Reaction score
as title suggests my bleeding boot wont shut...has anyone else had a similar problem and know how to fix it?

it seems like the mechanism wont clamp shut?? the only thing that has been done to it recently is somebody decent to open the boot with key rather then the fob - i dont know if by doing that they have screwed something up, as that lock hasnt been used for ages so something may have siezed??

i will be taking a better look at it at work tomorrow but just thought i'd ask on here to see any any of you chaps can help for i start taking things apart

help and advice appreciated

regards
rob

Have you tried adjusting the two rubber stoppers on the boot hatch? Wind them in a bit and try again.

my pre facelift does this once a year or so.

***** gets into the mechanism and as the main catch throws as the boot is shut, the latch that's ment to spring in to hold ti shut doesn't do so.

Remove the mechanism totally and give it a thorough soaking in some degreaser, then blow out any **** or rust. I used a spray grease to lube it all up again, and it works great.

cheers for the help boys...Prawn you were spot on mate, took the lock off clean it up and loaded it with wd40 and now all is fine :)

Could someone give me the part number for that locking mechanism.
I have exact same problems as the solenoid works but the "finger" won't clamp lock.

Could someone give me the part number for that locking mechanism.
I have exact same problems as the solenoid works but the "finger" won't clamp lock.

clean it as above
and if that dont work get the part number while its off

clean it as above
and if that dont work get the part number while its off

Yes, I was planing to clean it first but the weather cast is against me. Rain, rain and more rain next three days, and atm I don't have any garage available..