S3 - Eibach Springs

nicks3

Reaction score
I have some Eibach springs to fit to my car but they came with no instructions. Fitting the springs themselves poses no problem as i have done this before. However, the front springs can only be fitted one way and this means that the springs which are more closesly wound are at the bottom of the spring - fine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif. However, ABT are saying that the rears (which will fit either way round) should be fitted with the springs which are closer at the top /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif. Does this seem right that the front and rear springs would be fitted different ways around bearing in mind that they are progressively rated. I have searched the internet to try to answer my question but have drawn a blank. I would have thought they would be the same way round. Whilst ABT should know their own product i can't help questioning this in my own mind.

Thoughts would be appreciated before I fit them.

You should find some text on the springs probably Eibach and the part number, use this as the guid and fit them so the text is the correct way up.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Sorry guys they are abt springs not eibach.

Abt say to fit the springs with the part number the correct way up and this would make the sprinsg fit with the closer springs at the bottom (front) and at the top on the rear. Just doesn't make sense to me that they are fitted different front to rear.