Knocking from glove box area.

jiffi77

Reaction score
Hi, noticed a few times recently that on intial start-up I get a knocking noise comming from behind the glovebox, knocking lasts for about 5-10 seconds, has anyone got any ideas ?

I get this, but its a sporadic constant knocking, just driving normaly, i get a werid knocking, might remove the glove box and see whats behind there, the noise is driving me nuts!

climate control valves opening ? i can hear mine clicking sometimes like if the stepper motors reach the limit then they tap the back of the dash like a drumming noise about 3-4 clicks on startup

Rob

Take the glovebox off and see mate - takes 10 minutes to do. You will need some torx type socket set/screwdriver.

it could be a wee lil sprite trying to get out or annoyed that you had awoken him from his slumber!!!!!

bet you hadn't thought of that had you!!

A few days after i removed it and refitted it, it started. Maybe i locked a midget in there

Well i had a good fiddle around, and i cant find where on earth the knocking is coming from. I think it might be coming from around the speaker area. However dont really want to remove the door card, it sounds like there is something hanging and then knocking against something when im driving. I dont think its a suspension issue as it happens all the time. its got me stumped

Last edited:
Removing the door card is really easy - four screws and you're done.

Im starting to think this is suspension related. Due to the fact when i drive over really smooth roads i dont get any knocking. However on your average road i do.