Help - Dipstick broken - piece dropped into dipstick pipe

spiker

trying to growl less these days
Reaction score
Just topping up the oil and as I removed the dipstick the top yellow plastic had cracked and I believe a piece fell into the dipstick pipe

The dipstick will not replace - something (probably a piece of the yellow plastic) has lodged in the pipe

How difficult is it to remove and clear the pipe ?

the pipe pulls of, but may break doing so. They go mentally brittle and I think most people have a bit of yellow plastic floating about in their oil

If you need a new pipe, It's called a dipstick guide tube/funnel and I believe the part number is 06A 103 663 B. It's £3.14 + VAT from the main dealer, or there's always the scrappy..

I had to buy one earlier this week after the same thing happened to me. £3.69. Just yank the old one off making sure to remove all the bits of plastic inside the tube as well as the outside.

ok so when you say 'yank the old one off' does it literally pull off without any tools ?

Is fitting straightforward without a ramp ?

yes very easy, its just a bitch to get on, when you think its on give it a quick tug and i bet it comes off again :)

you need to hold near the base on push firmly down maybe the odd twist...otherwise it will just sit on top of the metal pipe

one last thing, make sure the inner pipe has been removed before putting the new one on otherwise you'll be pressing down and nothing will happen