10mm spacers up front??

S3 Paul

Reaction score
Who runs with 10mm spacers upfront?
Ive just fitted mine and as my car is lowered it seems the wheel/tyre sits very close to the arch.
I like the look but if it drives funny or catchs on the archs... they are coming off.
The days of scraping are long gone for me.
Does anybody else have this set up??
Im running 15mm spacers at the rear and have standard wheels on my S3

Well the catching is probably because the offset of your wheels, and how low your car is. 5mm spacers might be adequate enough for you.

Well i hope mine will be fine too.
P.s... im watching the wheels you sent me a link to...
There seems to be a lump in the arch liner around 11 oclock on the wheel as you look at it... if that makes sence?
That seems to be the closest point. ive got adjustable coil overs so could stiffen things up a little to help? But i dont want to drive a brick every day. Ive got a mk2 golf for that.

I'm running 20mm on rear and 15mm on front. No problems at all. The arches are so wide from the inside even i could hide inside it! You have nothing to worry about.

I will hold you to that!
Seriously changed the look of the car.
I like it

I'll take a pic of mine on full lock tomorrow Paul, you should be fine running it reasonably low without it rubbing, bear in mind if the tyres are worn now, it may rub when you get new ones lol

P.s.. get those wheels, give them i nice refurb and be the first to get a set on the 8L S3 :sly: or somebody else might get them:whistle2:

Ive got new tyres on... so hopefully it will be fine,
Also... regards the wheels... im on with making adapters now... if not those wheels... i have another first in mind

Just out of intrest... what measurement do you get from bottom of the wheel rim to the edge of the arch?
I think i may be lower than most. so may need to decide... raise the old girl or remove the spacers????

Out of intrest... what do people get if the measure from the bottom of the wheel RIM straight up to the wheel arch?
Mine measures 57cm up front...

i think you should be measuring from the centre of the wheel to the top of the wheel arch to get a decent comparison, else your wheel diameter will affect the measurement as well

I realise this . So ye unless running 17's maybe best to work from centre of hub/wheel

Did think that but wasnt going to complicate things.
I drove to work in a completely different way to usual..
I actualy aimed for the dips in the road to see if anything rubbed.
So far so good.
I may resort to sticking a bit of masking tape over the nearest point of the bodywork/ arch liner to the tyre and go for another drive...

Seen as it will be measured with a tape or a rule i will allow a tolerance of +/- 0.2 mm.
Just this once mind !

Nice one.
Thanks dave.
Well i havent had any nasty noises yet so... fingers crossed its all good.