My Brembo 4 pots - brake pad question...

DJ_Troopa

Reaction score
I've got Brembo 4 pots waiting to go on my car within the next 2 weeks. They came with 323mm Leon Cupra R discs. I'm going to buy Ferodo DS2500 pads but i'm wondering what application i go for when i buy the pads? Do i just search for the pads under the Mk1 Leon Cupra R section??

Thanks!

Thanks, just seen that in the other topic.

But do i look for pads which come under the Mk1 Leon Cupra R section?

Thanks, just seen that in the other topic.

But do i look for pads which come under the Mk1 Leon Cupra R section?

Ask Bill... he sells DS2500's for Brembos... LCR Brembos are different to Brembo Jnr calipers that are available as after market upgrades but pretty sure the pads are the same... LCR Brembos come with an external pipe linking the 2 halves of the caliper for brake fluid, Brembo Jnr calipers do not have this pipe as its internal to the caliper... both types of caliper work with LCR 323mm x 28mm discs, if you have Brembo Jnr calipers then fairly sure the LCR brackets won't be suitable but Bill does ones for the Jnr calipers..

<tuffty/>

Last edited:
The guy i bought the Brembo's off said they're the same ones as the Leon Cupra R ones. Apparently they came from an Alfa Romeo GTV? I've got the adapter brackets with them too which fit onto my car. Confused.com lol.

Paul - I'm pretty sure mine are the LCR Brembo's as i have the thin pipe on the outside of the caliper. It looks like this one in the picture......

323brembo-grooved-1-small.jpg

and there's no pipe in this jnr kit in this picture but i have that pipe like the first picture i've put up.............

brembo-kit-picture.jpg

Ask Bill... he sels DS2500's for Brembos... LCR Brembos are different to Brembo Jnr calipers that are available as after market upgrades but pretty sure the pads are the same... LCR Brembos come with an external pipe linking the 2 halves of the caliper for brake fluid, Brembo Jnr calipers do not have this pipe as its internal to the caliper... both types of caliper work with LCR 323mm x 28mm discs, if you have Brembo Jnr calipers then fairly sure the LCR brackets won't be suitable but Bill does ones for the Jnr calipers..

<tuffty/>

The pads should be the same for both calipers, I'm using LCR pads in my Brembo jnr kit.

Jay, the calipers you have 'look' like LCR ones... I don't know for sure they are the same if they come off a different vehicle but I would imagine the pads would be the same...

<tuffty/>

Yeah, i heard all Brembo 4 pot pads are the same? Paul, do you know where Bill is by any chance? Been trying to call him.

This could be a really silly answer but I have Evo 8 calipers and the pads are meant to be the same as every other bremb four pot. If this IS the case, then check out the Camskill website as they do Evo brake pads at silly cheap prices. Worth looking in to.

Sorry if I've confused you even more!

That's what i said up there ^^ apparently all Brembo 4 pots are the same and take the same pads. Just need to confirm that with Bill and if that's the case i'll be ordering from him!

they wont be the same, absolutely definitely not a chance. it makes no sense.

Pad shape and size depends largely on disc size, as teh radial curve on a smaller disc will be much tighter than a larger disc.

Also, the surface 'height' of a disc varies greatly from car to car, so the pads would need to be different sizes.

hello - only me..
sorry been in meetings on and off all day.. doh!

pad backplate shape is the same between LCR and GT junior pads.. yes. LCR ones have leading/trailing edge chamfer and one pad has a wear sensor (as std)
same ds2500's fit both these.

not all brembo's are the same however.. so I can only comment on these 2

available by phone now
cheers
bill

Thanks for the info over the phone Bill. I will hopefully have this problem answered tonight if there's a part number on the EBC's! What a hassle eh lol.

Jay

My Brembos don't use the same pad I don't think, but then I'm silly and running the Brembos from a Clio 197/Megane R26/Megane R26.R :)

if you have brembo calipers of a Alfa GTv they will not fit. they are lug mounted and leon ones are radial mounted.