HELP Electric Window stopped working

G60DAN

Reaction score
Hello all

Well what can I say my passengers side electric window has stopped working and I dont know where 2 start looking can anyone help with this one.

Thanks for any help

Daniel

My drivers window decided to give up the ghost a while back. There was def power going through the switch as you could hear the click but no window movement. Took the door card off disconnected the loom from the motor and reconnected it. Window worked again!! The windows work on an automatic electronic breaker and have no fuse to check, I may have just reset it. May be worth a poke before shelling out for a new reg.

Think I will power down the car will the window not working show up on vag com

Have you greased the rails? Sometimes too much resistance cause the motor to think its jammed and wont go back up. Also when its fully down I would check how the bottom 2 clips sits, I had to adjust mine upwards as it was sitting too low on the guide rails and getting bit jammed there.

Think I will power down the car will the window not working show up on vag com

I didnt have my VAG COM at the time so I couldnt tell ya, sorry. Ya I considered powering it down too but I said id just check the connections before doing that and it worked. I wanted to check my annoying crackling speaker anyway!

The window is up so that's one good thing will have a look when the wife gets in from work.

If the door card has been removed the connector can come loose..mine did,also I had to have my motor replaced £150 for the motor.
Generally the window will go up askew if the clips gone and then the safety mechanism will kick in and the window will go down.

Right im getting a ticking noise when I push the button any one

probably the motor trying to bring it up.

my drivers side went and it was the clips that pull the window up on the cables, they're plastic and quite brittle, one broke on mine so the window was only pulling up from one side, this caused it to try and go up skew wiff (new term) and the anti pinch would come in and send it down.

you need to take the door card out, ther is a screw at the top on the end of the door, and then where your handle is on the inside, the insert in the handle pulls out and there is two screws behind that. these screws hold the door card in place.

once they're undone, ust lift the whole door card up, its hold on hooks, then the door will be free. you will then need to disconnect plugs for your lights and mirrors, and you should be able to see exactly how it works.

Yopu'l be able to check the motor is turning and whether the cables are where they should be. If they're ok, i would imagine its the clips. you'l need to remove the silver frame that is bolted to the outer door and has the motor and glass on it, you will then be able to check the clips fully and replace if necessary. they're on ebay real cheap as mentioned above. I managed to just swap mine round, this fixed it somehow. hope you sort it :)

Thanks for that sounds like I need 2 have a good look.