Knob!!!!

I had similar fitted to my VR6...cold in the winter and hot in the summer

Dont do it, its exacly how voorhees says, my mate has a solid aluminium one on his VW T4 and after driving his van in the winter it was like ptting you hand on a block of ice, not to mention when youve been out all day in the summer the short shifter helps tho :p

I would suggest doing an 8P conversion if your wanting a new gear knob :)

Last edited:
The 8P one is really nice but i can't justify spending that much for a knob.

Breezey - your Haldex tool link in your sig doesn't work btw.

The 8P one is really nice but i can't justify spending that much for a knob
The one in the link is sixty quid which is about the same as an 8P but it looks good and doesn't mean you have to wear welding gauntlets!

The one in the link is sixty quid which is about the same as an 8P but it looks good and doesn't mean you have to wear welding gauntlets!

When i was learning CNC turning i made a fair few alu. gear nobs and ... like you say, shocking in both summer and winter. i resorted to putting a childs sock over it... kind of defeats the object !
I would go 8P if i ever change

i have one its excellent!!! giong to put something on it over winter to stop me getting cold hands though, thats if i use the car

781.jpg

+1 for 8P knob - fits into the overall look of the interior nicely and you don't get frostbite in the winter.

i have one its excellent!!! giong to put something on it over winter to stop me getting cold hands though, thats if i use the car

781.jpg

Really like your steering wheel look the dogs... Where did you get it from bud??? How much?

LMFAO all the advice on the gearknob is ignored

Back to the topic, I also have the Forge gearknob because the chrome plastic rim on my original one was chipped & wearing off. Yes, it's cold in winter, but that just encourages quicker gear changes... Come on girls, it's not that bad! Anyway, I like it so there!

Thanks for the advice about gear knob but think i will be changing it to a 8P one instead.

Now lets get searching for one of those steering wheels!!!!!!!!!!