Powerflex bits - what do i need?

DJ_Troopa

Reaction score
Morning people

The S3 is going into the garage in a couple of weeks to have a few things done and thought i might aswell add Powerflex bushes to the list!

My car creaks badly over bumps and i was told the wishbone bushes were knackered as my mechanic saw when he put the coilovers on. I'm looking at the product page on the Powerflex site and i'm confused as to what i need? .......

Powerflex

My car is a 2001 AMK S3.

Thanks all.

Jay

Right, now that the busy weekend is over and everybody is online again, this is getting bumped! :)

LOL, fair enough.

How much you looking to spend?

The front wishbone bushes are the ones you NEED in this case. There are 2 sets of bushes on the front wishbone, front and rear. The front ones are worth uprating to powerflex. The rear ones (atlas bushes) aren't - reason being that they wear out as fast as the OEM ones, so no gain for extra cost.

General thoughts on here are that TT rear atlas bushes are the way to go. Need to make sure they have no perforations in them, so they are solid all the way round.

Probably worth fitting Powerflex ARB bushes as well.

Adding to that, the list on the website lists 2 different front wishbones bushes.

The first are for facelift cars, the second for pre facelift. They have slightly different lower arms.

2001 AMK could be an 'inbetweener'. Check the part numbers on the lower arms and match them against the web site to be sure.

Yea mines is a 2001 AMK facelift & when I bought my front kit from Ebay I was given the smaller bushes for the pre facelift but turned out I needed the larger ones, as already been siad I think the first of the facelift S3's can have either arms, if it turns out your needing the early smaller ones Troppa give me a shout & you can have my spare ones for £20.

Ewan.

My car used to creak ... it turned out to be the anti roll bar bushes,
They have since been smeared with copper slip and the problem has gone.

Are the rear wishbone bushes the same? TT s3 face lif and pre face lift??
I mean fitment wise. As i fancy the sollid TT items but again my car is a AMK 2001 car

Thanks for that guys.

Welly - On the link they have 3 different front ARB mounting sizes, which one would i need? I know i need the front wishbone front bush in the larger size, but do i need the front wishbone rear bush aswell??