EM TuningVolks Autos

Thread: Car won't start

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Status

Car won't start

Ok, so I've changed the fuel pump relay, checked the fuse, changed the fule pump and.........IT STILL WON'T F**KING START!!!!

The pump still isn't priming. Could a blocked fuel filter/fpr cause this???
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Strange, is it definitely the fuel pump bud, i had the same issue with mine lol

Does it nearly start, pop then die?
    3.2 V6 with Custom Code VVT Attack Software

Status
    No mate, it just turns over but won't fire up. The pump isn't making the whirring noise that you get when you switch the ignition on so I know it's not priming
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

6th Gear

Status
    Hmmm....after market immobilser maybe?
    3.2 V6 with Custom Code VVT Attack Software

Status
    Nope, only got factory one. I couldn't find a fuse or relay listed for the immobiliser so f*ck knows!

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    You VAGCOM'd it for fault codes?

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Status
    Going to do that in the morning Paul. I just assumed that seeing as the fuse and relay were ok, and, the pump had been whining it's nuts off that it was definitely the pump!! 115 and a lot of messing around in the dark with a half full fuel tank later and there was chuff all wrong with it

Neutral

Status
    I'll have VAG-COM by the middle of the week Mike,I can pop over and read any codes for you if you need it or cant get the shed running

Status
    Going to plug it in to my mate Tims in the morning Daz but thanks anyway

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    Well, i have seen a faulty ECU cause this, as it's whats responsible for sending the signal to the relayto prime the pump. It also could the the cranksensor, as if the ECU isnt seeing a signal to run the pump, it won't

Will the car run with 12v being fed direct to the pump?

Neutral

Status
    so what was the outcome?
    2003 RS6 Avant,Avus Silver,KWv3 Coilovers,Hotchkiss ARBs,Wagner carbon fibre intercoolers,Milltek cat back,20" C6 RS6 alloys,Kenwood multimedia centre,Unit 20 engine and gearbox remap

6th Gear

Status
    dodgy fuel pump relay? as what was said above.... is there a live/earth getting to the pump? does it run if you power it up?

Status
    OK, so I plugged it in this morning and brought up numerous fault codes for abs, misfire from coil packs etc etc.............and NO SIGNAL FROM INSTRUMENT CLUSTER TO ECU!!!

Cleared fault codes and bingo - it started! WTF was that all about? I have no idea what caused it either. Unfortunately, I now have a few more issues......please see new post entitled 'effin' pile of shi........'

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Have you checked the earths under the battery tray? not sure how tied into your exact prob it may be but to get so many electrical faults in one go is usually the result of wiring/earthing probs...

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...