Car won't start

scoobyra

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!
Reaction score
Ok, so I've changed the fuel pump relay, checked the fuse, changed the fule pump and.........IT STILL WON'T F**KING START!!!! :banghead:

The pump still isn't priming. Could a blocked fuel filter/fpr cause this??? :think:

Strange, is it definitely the fuel pump bud, i had the same issue with mine lol

Does it nearly start, pop then die?

No mate, it just turns over but won't fire up. The pump isn't making the whirring noise that you get when you switch the ignition on so I know it's not priming

Nope, only got factory one. I couldn't find a fuse or relay listed for the immobiliser so f*ck knows!

Going to do that in the morning Paul. I just assumed that seeing as the fuse and relay were ok, and, the pump had been whining it's nuts off that it was definitely the pump!! £115 and a lot of messing around in the dark with a half full fuel tank later and there was chuff all wrong with it

I'll have VAG-COM by the middle of the week Mike,I can pop over and read any codes for you if you need it or cant get the shed running :)

Going to plug it in to my mate Tims in the morning Daz but thanks anyway

Well, i have seen a faulty ECU cause this, as it's whats responsible for sending the signal to the relayto prime the pump. It also could the the cranksensor, as if the ECU isnt seeing a signal to run the pump, it won't

Will the car run with 12v being fed direct to the pump?

dodgy fuel pump relay? as what was said above.... is there a live/earth getting to the pump? does it run if you power it up?

OK, so I plugged it in this morning and brought up numerous fault codes for abs, misfire from coil packs etc etc.............and NO SIGNAL FROM INSTRUMENT CLUSTER TO ECU!!!

Cleared fault codes and bingo - it started! WTF was that all about? I have no idea what caused it either. Unfortunately, I now have a few more issues......please see new post entitled 'effin' pile of shi........'

Have you checked the earths under the battery tray? not sure how tied into your exact prob it may be but to get so many electrical faults in one go is usually the result of wiring/earthing probs...

<tuffty/>