EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    Audi A-Trizzle!

Status

R-Tech tomorrow! i should be excited but now im hit by last minue problems!

Hi All,

As above im off to R-Tech tomorrow! i should be excited but now im hit by last minue problems!

when i fitted my boost gauge last week i forgot to plug in the odb port plug thing back into the dash so now i have to take it all off again and refit in the pissing rain. I also dropped my boost gauge now it just decideds what boost/vacuum it wants to show me itself.

i also went to tax my car today only to realise my MOT ran out last week. Im currently at work and might not be able to get it in anywhere. even if i do get it in it might not pass and they wwont have time to fix any probs tonight as im going at 4.30 after work

i have to be at r-tech for 10.30 tomorrow and somehow i have like an hour n half tonight before everything closes to get my car MOT'd, passed, buy road tax, remove dash fit odb port, buy a boost gauge if poss to fix my broken one and if i can after all this buy a copy of fifa 11 because my preorder is non existant with asda apparently and now they have sold out!

WHY ALL TODAY FFS!

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

2. # ADS
    ADS

TFSI Hybrid

Status
    look on the bright side....you have not been pulled for driving without a mot.....lol

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    sack off the boost gauge, it's a non essential thing right now. Just cap the line and fix it at a later date.

As for the rain, the centre console comes out with a few torx screws, so just load up the tools in the boot, and drive to the nearest supermarket with a covered carpark and do it in the dry. as student I always used to work on my car at night in the asda carpark in pompey, it's sheltered, and fully lit, I had my whole front end apart once with teh bumper off refitting my FMIC, the security guard asked what I was doing and I just said 'I've broken down and I'm fixing it' Jobs a goodun.

As for the MOT, I had a cock up like that once, and found a local MOT station that did MOT's only, called them at 16:30 the one day, and they MOT'd it at 0800 the next morning and I was on my way.

Don't worry mate, you'll sort it.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Pocket now empty

Status
    Good luck matey hope you get it sorted.
    Revo Stage 2 with all the Gear
    BHP = 274 / Torque = 293

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    cheers guys mot sorted sailed through my garage phoned in some favours for me which was nice.... only 1 problem! after the car beign fine i went out and picked up my gf and now ive come home literally 5 yards from my drive, it started being all lumpy and a really foul smell came into the cabin. i turn it off for a min then back on and it was still the same.

any ideas?

oh i just left the dodgey showing boost gauge in at the moment as its not leaking so i wont worry about that.

Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.

Status
    Eggy smell ?

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    yeh kinda mate closest thing i can describe it to. whats that all about?

6th Gear

Status
    3.2 V6 with Custom Code VVT Attack Software

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    hmm yeh that goes into the air box normally right? mine is current clipped to my induction it. but if it was faulty i didnt think it would start?

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA3 View Post
    hmm yeh that goes into the air box normally right? mine is current clipped to my induction it. but if it was faulty i didnt think it would start?
    It would start, when they go faulty they tend to stop one of the coilpacks from working, probably coilpack number 3

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    ahh crap. what would cause the weird smell tho mate? ill pick up a module early morn if i can. i need to leave mk about 9.30. i understand teh module just unscrews right? its already out of the box

6th Gear

Status
    Running on 3 cylinders always smells lol

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    ahh lol coil packs dont go on AGU do they? is that what made u say ignition module mate? appreciate the help btw ill look for a guide

6th Gear

Status
    Not usually no, it's quite common for icm to fail, hopefully it should be ok once you replace it

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    yeh hopefully mate if thats no it then im ****ed! fingers crossed

ill have 1 hour to buy it and change it. u reckon its ok to drive it 2-3 miles?

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    it was the ICM mate thanks for the heads up managed to change it in 30 seconds. job done.

i went to r-tech and im very happy with the result car feels loads better. it made 150bhp standard which was superb for a 10 year old car to keep its power. it made 185bhp after map with a few little boost leaks which ill sort. just one hose from the manifold and a pcv something cant remember what its called. few quid from audi im told. so once i fit those bits it should be about 190bhp which is what i was after. loads more fun to drive!

cheers

Dave

6th Gear

Status
    Glad you got it sorted bud

6th Gear

Status
    With regards to the MOT i suggest you get your act together, it comes round once a year like insurancde, service etc etc. If your tax is in sync with your mot then that should be enough of a reminder.
    2002 Dolphin grey S3 - Sym2+bose, heated leather, ally mirrors, R32 ARB's with superpro, Jabba stage 2 map, TFSI coils, Samco TIP, Forge DV & privacy glass

2010 Green Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R - Akrapovic baffleless race can, LED cluster & HID's

wanted for 8L S3:
    Unmarked grey rear bumper panel
    Milltek system

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA3 View Post
    a few little boost leaks which ill sort. just one hose from the manifold and a pcv something cant remember what its called. few quid from audi im told.
    Every AGU I've ever seen has had a massive leak in the PCV hose under the inlet mani, it's a small hose that goes to a check valve, but oil collects in the hose before the valve and it just splits. When i repaired mine it was like being mapped all over again, I gained 5psi boost!

Don't bother fixing it though, simply do away with the PCV system all together and fit a catch tank. Much better
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sandip View Post
    Glad you got it sorted bud
    thanks mate :D

Quote Originally Posted by mattyboy199 View Post
    With regards to the MOT i suggest you get your act together, it comes round once a year like insurancde, service etc etc. If your tax is in sync with your mot then that should be enough of a reminder.
    Well ive only had the car for 8 months. i taxed in march MOT wasnt due then so i forgot about it. I was under the illusion it was in january the following year when i bought the car. Problem solved now ive got my MOT sticker on the fridge as a reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Every AGU I've ever seen has had a massive leak in the PCV hose under the inlet mani, it's a small hose that goes to a check valve, but oil collects in the hose before the valve and it just splits. When i repaired mine it was like being mapped all over again, I gained 5psi boost!

Don't bother fixing it though, simply do away with the PCV system all together and fit a catch tank. Much better
    Ahh i see cheers dude. Is it the pipe that comes from that long bronze nipple thing loops around towards the dv valve area with a valve in the middle?

i'll look up the catch can setup but if its too costly ill have to pass for now as im skint after all this lot! lol need to save the pennies i have left for audi international.

cheers